X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SIR70t
    Phil,

By the way it isn't the Porsche year, from what I'm very reliably been told given it is the 10th year, they are celebrating the 'car' and not one particular marque to be singled out - (quite smart considering they want the attention on the event). Although I suspect it will be a highlight for the P cars.

What my wife and I are considering at this stage

Fly down Friday 17th mid morning, attend the street party that night with the 35000 others and the cars (Gouger Street sp? - like the restaurant street, although I have never been to Adelaide - Ryan may know)

Spend Saturday watching the start and maybe one viewing spot, then head off to the Barossa for a few wineries and Saturday night in a nice B & B near the vines.

Sunday, take a car to Maclaren Vale for Lunch where all the competitors are parking for lunch, then off to the airport back to Sydney in the afternoon of the Sunday,

More a Dinning Spectating Wine Spectating Wine type of tour...

Shane

Maybe there may be more Husband and Wive combos that may want to do that type of tour.

OK all - I'm booked. (90%)

This is the itinerary for Maureen and I (would love input and a little long)

- Fly from Sydney Friday the 17th at 9.40am to arrive Adelaide at 12.00pm

Lunch somewhere in Adelaide city and check into the "Medina Grand Adelaide Treasury" and stay the Friday night, would be great to catch up for dinner with any typ 901ers that will be there. My understanding is it is extremely busy on that night with all the cars on display in Gouger Street. Booking early may be required. So kick the heals up on this night may be fun!

Sometime after 4.00pm pic up our weekend touring car from the city. After much research and calling I was able to secure a BMW Z3 2.2l siver for the entire weekend for getting around in. Should be fun in the Adelaide Hills and the Barossa, and hoping the weather allows for some open top motoring.

Saturday morning lazy breakfast then off to a viewing site to see the cars. Would greatly appreciate anyone who knows of a good spot to spend a couple of hours watching the excitement..

Lunch somewhere near either the cars stop or the Barossa. I need to research the course for saturday. Again tips greatly appreciated. Then onto some cellar doors, Shiraz is my friend and the Barossa provides it in spades.

Saturday night in the Barossa. I am finding it difficult to get one nights accom as they all want two nights. If there are any suggestions here would be glad to receive.

Dinner at either the accom once we find, or a few people have suggested a restaurant called 1918 near Tununda.

Sunday lazy breakfast (early ish), then some more touring - Maggie Beer or alike, although happy to take suggestions again.

Then hopefully drive to Maclaren Vale to catch the cars for lunch and then some more touring and back to the airport for a 6.25pm flight back to Sydney.

Still need to scope the distances to make sure we are not being unreasonable in travel times, however it looks as though most things are relatively close.

Guys - Maureen has ticked the friday night get together with the 901ers, so who will be there on the weekend.

Cheers

Shane

Comment

So who is looking to be in Adelaide on the Friday night?

I'll organise the dinner if people would like?

Shane

Comment

Shane

I'm in for dinner.

I'd go north of Adelaide on Saturday if you're overnighting in the Barossa

Maggie Beers in the Barossa is well worth a lunch stop (nice view over the lake but book early) Rockfords winery is also a must! Maybe check out the Kersbrook special stage before lunch...?

The Sunday route is south of the city so you could do some McLaren Vale wineries and catch some action as well before you fly out.

Cheers
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam,

Thanks, will it be yourself and a partner? or just you...

Alex, Ryan, Phil and anyone else, are you chaps in for dinner on Friday night?

I'm sure Maureen would like a another lady to be there....

Shane

Comment

I'n ot sure if Joy, my other half will be there or not at this stage......but doubtfull as we are saving for our wedding as well. I might see if my co-pilot brother in law would like to come....I'll keep you posted.
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam,

Thanks, will it be yourself and a partner? or just you...

Alex, Ryan, Phil and anyone else, are you chaps in for dinner on Friday night?

I'm sure Maureen would like a another lady to be there....

Shane
              Shane,

I plan to be in Adelaide for a few days and would be there for the Fri night dinner. I expect there may be 1 or 2 others with me.

Haven't planned any accomdn yet.

Maybe we can tlak more about this in Sydney Aug 5th ?
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X