The deal has been struck, we have a new 901 comming to Aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clyde

My import permit arrived yesterday only took 8 working days including postage both ways.
    I'm still waiting for my second shipping quote, All ports have quoted and I'm waiting on Tomax.
    I didn't want to ship over the xmas new year period for fear of the car sitting around and bits going missing.
    Wayne is away on Holidays until the 8th of Jan so I'll be shipping as soon as I can after that.

Some of the stories I've heard of what gets stolen of imported cars are unbelievable, bottom line the shipper want lots of photos of the car as its dropped off at the yard to be packed and lots more photos when it unpacked, just so they know what end the bits were stolen from.

Darren

Comment

Photos are a great idea as is getting the dropping off yard to sign for the condition the car is in that has saved my bacon with the damage to the 69S as the vendor did that for me in LA so they don't have a leg to stand on and they will be paying for the repairs.

I haven't had anything go missing yet but I do ship in single 20' containers so maybe that helps.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Darren,

if you are shipping in a sealed container, stolen bits can only really happen at the packing end, if you are present at the unpacking. I agree with Clyde, both I and the shipper extensively photographed my car at the export depot before it went into the container. Have your seller help out on this and get him to have a signed off release once he hands it over.

If you ship the car on a RO-RO (roll on, roll off) ship, then they get driven (raced) on board by wharfies (maritime rally drivers) and the risk is high. Ask Alex Webster about this when he shipped some cars on a Russian ship.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I'm shipping solo in a sealed 20 footer, roll on/off sounds like it's just asking for trouble.

Comment

When will we see her/him Darren?
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Just got news from the freight company today...

Everythings sorted and the car will be delivered in, checked, chocked and strapped into the container, and then loaded on board a vessel departing Christchurch on the 28th January.

It's the ANL Yarrunga Voyage # 6.
              It should arrive in Melbourne approx 5th February.

Comment

So Darren,

have you got the car at home yet ??
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

The car was unpacked from the container on Monday and was cleared for me to pickup yesterday.
                  Melbourne towing collected it this morning and dropped it over to Lisa to start the ADR and registration process.
                  I just got a call from Lisa to say the car has turned up at the workshop and it's in one piece with no major damage.
                  That's good news I guess given I haven't had any control over the car since the 2nd of December when I inspected the car.

The import process has taken much long than I anticipated with little delays at every step, it took almost 3 weeks to be unpacked and clear customs!

Let the adventure begin.

Comment

Darren, that is FAR TOO LONG!!!
                    I have just bought 4 cars in from LA, and they only took a week to unpack and clear Q. I also had a car leave Christchurch today, will be here next week, and should take 3 days to clear Q and unpacking. If you do it again, let me know, will give you some better contacts!

Will be up near Spyder in the next 48 hours, so will drop in and see the new beast, glad it is here!!!
                    Now you can come on the Run on the 4th - GO SPYDER!!!
                    Alex Webster
                    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
                    X