Go for a Ride day ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for a Ride day ?

Hi members, especially guys like Richard still looking for cars.

Clyde has made a magnanimous gesture to offer his passenger seat in the 2.4S or RS to some looking to buy a car so they can get a feel of what to expect.

I think this is a great idea and we bounced this around a few weekends ago when 4 of us went for a quick squirt down towards Phillip Is.

there is no better way for "lookers" to understand and appreciate the differences in various cars than to be a passenger in one as its gets driven enthusiastically. And this is hardly possible on yr normal test drive with either a private seller or a dealer.

Could this be a last minute drive opportunity to close off 2005 ?

Sounds like Clyde would be interested, I would also go along depending on which day (prefer early weekend morning).

Marcus, Alex, any interest from you guys ?

Richard - is this something you want to do ? are you that serious about getting a car soon ??
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Phil/Clyde

I would be more than keen to join anyone willing to take me for a spin. Of course, I would try to keep the alternate drooling and giggles of glee to a minimum!

Buying a p-car before Christmas along with the house that I am hoping for, would make for a nice (but expensive) festive season!

Calendar is full this weekend, but next weekend looks good.

Cheers

Rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Guys,

I would be OK for Sat am next week
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yeah I would be up for a run... let me know when you are planning and where and I am there. The run that we did down in Gippsland would be great to do again - GOD I LOVE THAT ROAD!!!!
        I would be happy to have someone ride shotgun if they wanted... would also mean I have to bring a 901!!

Dad just returned from Tasmania from the 356 Tour Downunder OZ, which was 27 356's touring around Tassie over the last 10 days. One of his cars that he has just finished, the black 356 Notchback, some may have seen it at the concours, is just amazing to drive. It is quite possibly the best 356 I have ever driven. He allowed some guys like Trevor Keetley, an avid 356 owner, to drive the car, and even he could not believe how amazing the car drove. It does show that every car is different and has their own little gremlins and joys. Getting your bum in a car and seeing and feeling the difference is the ONLY WAY you will buy a car in the future. As some of the board have already said, like Brett etc, BUY A CAR AND ENJOY the damn thing. We all know we are going to spend too much money on them and always not be 100% happy with it. It is like the game of golf... back me up here Clyde! We all thing we have got it sussed and then we end up back at the drawing board! But the sheer enjoyment of owning one of these cars or any Porsche for that matter, far exceeds the financial pain when in moderation!!!!

Bring on another run, I know I am keen where and whenever I can.

Alex - Co-founder or driving enthusiastically in an early Porsche!! Like red wine, it is good for you in moderation!!!!
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Yeah Alex,

I vote for the same road again, up and back. its even on Clydes side of town.

Who else is in ?
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Sat. (17th ?) AM - I am definitely interested.

Rich
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

17th in the am is fine for me ... the earlier the better from experience...

Last time we left our start point (deleted for obvious reasons!) at 9am, and were at the start of the run at about 930am. It then took us about 45 minutes one way, 15 minute breather and bragging stop, and then back.

All up you can be back in town by midday.
              I vote for 8 or 830 start next time, then we know we will be alone, and tell that bloody cyclist to keep out of the way next time, he was on the racing line!!!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Alex,

sounds like a plan and the earlier the better. Passengers can even leave their cars there for pick up on the return. But it will only really work if we can get some others along, especially newbies or hopeful buyers so they can experience the cars.

Perhaps this needs to be posted on the old yahoo board too ?
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Count me in... even if it is in a rust bucket peddle-car with a Porsche badge I will be happy!

Early is fine by me too.

Rich
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I'm there with the RS. Early is better for me also.

Clyde
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Have posted across on the old yahoo site advising re the possible run.

Surely Richard G. is not the only one wanting to come along for the run ??

Where are all the other lurkers out there supposedly seeking a car ?
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Route for Sat 17th run

I may be interested in a run early on the 17th (weather and Julie dependent) - I'm also on the Gippsland side of town - Upwey (the "pearl of the east").
                        What is the proposed route? Alex, Clyde, Phil
                        If you don't wish to post it, email direct to gouldwil@tpg.com.au
                        My aunt from Mossvale is arriving for a Xmas visit that day - so I probably should be back by early pm.
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901
                        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Re: Route for Sat 17th run

Originally posted by gouldwil
                          What is the proposed route? Alex, Clyde, Phil
                          If you don't wish to post it, email direct to gouldwil@tpg.com.au
                          My aunt from Mossvale is arriving for a Xmas visit that day - so I probably should be back by early pm.
                          FYI - routes can be posted as attachments (word/pdf) in the Events & Announcements forum and only members can see and download (guests cannot see it). Have to be under 96kb though.
                          :mrgreen:

Comment

Once my p-car is back on the road I will be there for the next run. ETA is February 06.

Comment

count me in. The earlier the better

Comment

Working...
                              X