No announcement yet.

Homologation Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, Ryan. Your comprehensive explanation will take me a minute or two to digest.
    Yes, I am in Europe, in a small town in the Swiss Alps and to walk out of a restaurant and almost step in front of a Carrera GT, the first one I have seen out of captivity was remarkable. The sound of the V10 was so special. As soon as I get home I'm going to measure the engine compartment of my '72T and if I can squeeze a V10 in and stay in Classic, I just may improve my performance. Or perhaps I should just learn to drive better, the car I already have. Thanks again for this info.
    Regards
    John

Comment

Ryan, thanks for a logical and clear explanation of how cars can be matched in performance for fair competition. Looking down the Adelaide entry list, it would appear that other Porsche entrants may not appreciate the subtleties of the classification system. I hope they have read this thread. Thanks again.
      Regards
      John

Comment

my pleasure. while we're at it - whats the basic spec of your rally car and what class do you intend to enter?

Comment

"i do these events for fun, and accordingly drive at a pretty conservative pace"

Ryan, c'mon mate, where did you finish outright last year in Classic? Was it 4th??? Or did you get slightly off track in what you where there for?!!?!?!?!

Either way, still an awesome effort and forever envious!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

"drive at a pretty conservative pace"???????

I'd like to see you have a real crack this year please. Mr Broadbent had better look out!!
            MichaelJapp
            71E
            Typ901 #065
            EarlyS #798

Comment

seriously, we do. i'm too scared of crashing to run on the ragged edge...

Comment

Jappy, we'll just all twin plug our RS replica's with some new short ratios just to be conservative shall we!!!!!

Oh no wait, that is just Ryan! Or should we say "Curnick the Conservative"!
                Alex Webster

Comment

Stig......

Comment

sorry "the Stig"

Comment

ah that would mean he would have to get a full face white helmet and driving suit, and Daisy would have to retire! Neither are on the cards I fear!
                      Alex Webster

Comment

according to the classic adelaide website - she now likes to be called: Dasiey

its a little more exotic...

Comment

He's becoming a toff!
                          Alex Webster

Comment

I can just see the headlines now...

2007 Classic Adelaide won by conservative driver and his transvestite navigator!!!!!
                            Cam Arnott
                            Looking for engine #6208151
                            1970 911E (Sold)
                            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                            2 x Split Screen Kombis
                            TYP 901 Register # 78
                            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
                            X