No announcement yet.

GTS Classic seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you Alex in that if you want to compete in CAMS sanctioned events, then you need to conform to all their nit-picking regulations and if its Targa, you need all FIA approved items ($$$). There are very few seats that CAMS seems to have approved and none that I would think are period correct for these cars.

At this stage we are proceeding with the various regulatory authorities and deciding which hoops we are prepared to jump thru. we have already looked at FIA approvals (must be done in Europe) and the costs and demands they are making would add significant costs to the seats.

I don't know how many members are interested in competition events but many will require significant investment in safety equipment. So far, most seat customers have simply been interested in improving their driving comfort and to stop sliding around in their car.

I find it a bit disconcerting that CAMS would allow you to use the "original equipment" seats in these events without having regard to the actual safety they provide. I just installed some seats today in a car that was used in Classic Adelaide (touring section) where the original bucket seats proved to be a real liability due to their lack of side support.

I will certainly keep the group updated as and when we receive the appropriate approvals.
    Phil Lack
    GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
    PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
    Exclusive Distributors :
    'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
    WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

Comment

Bit late with this one but Brett have you been taking funny lessons from Peter Williams.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
      X