No announcement yet.

Philip Island 6hr Regularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYP does not stand for Typical Youthful Pricks!

We could enter under a code name like 109PYT!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

PCV playing silly buggers Alex .... surely not? You're making it up?
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

i was part of a team for the equivalent AROCA 6 hour event at eastern creek for 3 years. i can't remember all of the rule detail but you had to keep running to win.

i think they calculated your maximum possible distance from your allocated time and the winner was whoever got the closest. if you went over your lap time then you weren't covering as much distance as theoretically possible. if you went under then the whole distance covered in that lap didn't count.

we got two 2nds and 3rd - beaten by the mini club every time...

i also nearly ran over a cams official and was hauled over the coals by the clerk of course - but thats another story.

Comment

This is the response from David Bellenger - organiser of the 6 hour event... from my email to him yesterday.

Alex,

Many thanks for your comments.

The Organising committee is already looking at what is required to fix the loopholes exploited this year. We like all the competitors expect this event to be around for many years to come and grow to be seen as a highlight on the motorsport calendar.

Strangely enough we had already talked about incentive awards and best presented awards etc and we are sure to implement some other awards next year.

We are also planning a team manager de-brief in the very near future to get feed back from competitors. All this information along with your suggestions will be then be taken to our organizing committee de-brief and looked at with a view to making the event grow. I must point out though that the event is specifically aimed at grass roots motorsport and 95% of the competitors this year were running on level 2 licences. At this level of event you are going to get a vast variety of vehicles as is seen at any sprint or Hillclimb.

As said earlier, we the organisers are determined that this event is here for a long time and we will be looking at all suggestions put forward.

I look forward to seeing you and your teams at next year’s event.

Regards
          David Bellenger
          Alex Webster

Comment

Results are final - http://www.6hourrelay.com.au/2007%20Results.pdf

Porsche Parade - PCV 1st
            Weltmeister - 2nd

TYP901 #1 - 27th
            TYP901 #2 - 37th

I'm not saying anything!
            Last edited by alexwebster; 10-10-07, 11:17 AM.
            Alex Webster

Comment

interesting to note that #1 completed the 8th most amount of laps out of all teams!
              Alex Webster

Comment

Interesting that PCV didn't "sit-out" too many laps still managed 135 laps vs "Cheatmeister's" 104 - 15 laps less than the next lowest!!
                MichaelJapp
                71E
                Typ901 #065
                EarlyS #798

Comment

Yeah spoke with Mark Clair, and they worked out taht they could do a lap at a time then pit and not effect their Factor 2 too much!

I would have hated doing on for a lap at a time in the wet with cold tyres everytime you went out! SCARY enough as it was!
                  Alex Webster

Comment

Team #2 were superior to team#1 in the following areas:
                    • Factor 1 (goal laps/achieved laps) - in fact we were 14th overall
                    • Bonus laps (6 vs 3)
                    • Penalty laps (5 vs 1)
                    • Numbers of vehicles (5 vs 4)
                    • Driver maturity (5 vs 0)
                    • Aggregate value of vehicles ($$$$ vs $)
                    Factor 2 (difference between fastest and slowest lap times) killed Team #2 - the reason, the more mature drivers protecting their higher value vehicles slowed appreciably on the wet track. (except for Hung)
                    Conclusion - had the track been dry for the race duration, Team #2 would have blitzed Team #1 by an appreciable margin.
                    ...................an argument that cannot be faulted :p

Peter W
                    Manager Team #2 (the Fun Team)
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901
                    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

It did look fun in the pics but this is too confusing for me mates......

If it isn't the first one to the flag...
                      The quickest on the clock...
                      Or the one in the hills that no one could catch...

Then I guess it's beyond me.........

Cheers
                      Last edited by Chuck Miller; 10-10-07, 10:20 PM.
                      Chuck Miller
                      The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                      Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                      R Gruppe #88

Comment

that is why I racing 'normal style' this weekend Chuck! Will email some pics and video when I get back!!!
                        Alex Webster

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
                          Factor 2 (difference between fastest and slowest lap times) killed Team #2 - the reason, the more mature drivers protecting their higher value vehicles slowed appreciably on the wet track. (except for Hung)
                          What are you saying Pete?
                          My car is a rust bucket? or I was not careful enough in the wet? or both?

GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
                            What are you saying Pete?
                            My car is a rust bucket? or I was not careful enough in the wet? or both?

Hung, you misunderstand, I was being very complementary of your driving skills. It was apparent that you are very enthusiastic and like to go as quick as possible no matter what the conditions - your attitude to driving on the track is to be admired. If I ever get the stint as manager of a TYP901 team again (unlikely given the latest placing), then you'll be at the top of my preferred drivers list.

..............that said, I wish I also owned a rust bucket racer so that I could be just like you.
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901

Comment

Or perhaps get bigger balls Pete.......

Comment

Originally posted by ESP911 View Post
                                Or perhaps get bigger balls Pete.......
                                .................that too. Then I'd be well HUNG!!
                                Peter Williams #049
                                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                                X