Track Day Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise words Chuck, as usual.

I totally agree with you in that many skills can be honed during your everyday driving such that they become second nature.

I am amazed at the numbers of P-car owners I have ridden with who cannot hell'n'toe and match engine revs on both up and down shifts. On these older transmissions without the benefit of modern synchro design, this makes a big difference in smoothness and also on the longevity of the engine , tranny and clutch.

Being mechanically minded from an early age (dad owned an engineering business), I was always sympathetic towards mechanical devices and found they worked far better when treated well. Our P-cars respond well to this treatment, especially in the gear change area.

Hope you enjoy your Holiday breakfast at the "Mouse". Maybe post us a pic or 2 ?

I am sure some of the members who, who don't know what you do to support your P-car habit, might be interested .
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Andrew,

we should get a group together at the next breakfast... and discuss.

up the bells line of Road Sydney 901'ers?

Justin R
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Agreed Justin...when do you fancy an early morning Sunday brekkie run..nothing too logistical just pick a road and go early

Andrew

Comment

I'm in too, if that's ok, so just say the word !

Comment

me too - one last outing before i take the RS off the road for a tidy up (9 rallies and countless track events have taken their toll...)

Comment

Sydney 901rs

I am away on leave until the 20th Jan...pls nominate your preferred sunday morning after that date for the first 06 run.

We have suggested Bells Line Of Rd and back on Gt Western Hwy...if time permits maybe we target Bathurst and a lap around the mountain.

Let me know if any alternatives come to mind for the route

Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X