Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rennshifters

Hi All,

dont forget that we have available the Rennshifter for 901 and 915 gearboxes (G 50 coming soon !).

The main difference is that the Rennshifter is a complete assembly and bolts straight into the car in about 20 minutes.

As I understand it, the Wevo requires a later model (73 onwards) shift housing that you have to install the new internals into.

We have 3 new units in stock at present plus some tear-drop alloy shift knobs (if required).

Price on the shifters is $950 ea + GST less members 10% discount. (NB: this assumes you will use your existing std shift knob as the Rennshifter has the identical shaft diameter as the factory original.
    Attached Files
    Phil Lack
    GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
    PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
    Exclusive Distributors :
    'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
    WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

Comment

Gulf

At the moment I just have the shifter (and PSJ) - but I've just purchased a mag 915 to rebuild which will get the majority of the Wevo internal upgrades...

FWIW, I have driven a gearbox with the full house internals. Very precise without being knotchy and (almost) makes the box feel modern, and gives you a heap of confidence when shifting back through the gears; there's pretty much no veigness(sp?). None of the upgrades 'speed up' shifting though - one should still observe '915' a shift-pause-shift gear throw.

I would definitely have looked at the Rennshifter, but as I've clarified, Hayden is a mate
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John, thanks for that info! Interesting to note that shifting isnt quicker due to these upgrades - I had (erroneously) assumed it would have allowed for faster shifts...

Cheers, Louis

Comment

The only percerption that shifts are faster is that there is a shorter throw of the lever compared to the original shifter, but I agree with John that you dont want to become tempted to then try and force quick shifts. Using pauses and rev matching takes a lot of strain off the selectors and synchros and helps your gearbox last a lot longer.

The main advantage I enjoy using a Rennshifter is the very positive gear selection due mainly to the vastly improved lever pivot mechanism and adjustable spring tension on the centreing of the lever.

But dont forget to replace the bushings in the rear coupler (preferrably with urethaneones) as this is also a major cause of sloppiness in a shift.

And lastly, dont forget to check your rear engine mounts because if these are worn , the engine can rock back and forth as the load comes off the transmission during a gear change causing further selection problems.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

i have Phil's Rennshifter in the 2.4 and it transformed the feel of the shift, it is beautifully made and its almost a crime to cover it with a shifter boot.
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I agree Craig, I don't cover the Wevo!
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi John,
                Does the Wevo Shifter Kit allow for adjustment in the fore-aft position of the gear stick? When I am strapped in tight in a harness with the seat correctly positioned, it is a real stretch to select 1st gear in the 915 box. Besides making the gear shift more precise, I am wondering if it would make 1st gear a bit more comfortable.
                Thanks,
                John

Comment

John,

on the Rennshifter, there is provision to add an extenstion to the shaft since its a threaded shaft that screws into teh shifter base. I think this allows for better positioning of the shift lever whe strapped in.

You could also easily manufacture a custom extension bent to suit your driving position. (sorta like the V8 supercars shifters if you even notice the 'bendy' ones they have).
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X