No announcement yet.

Swb rear seat belt provision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lap sash belts never fitted in the rear, nor an option I believe. However, today they could be useful, if necessary. I wouldn't use it for more than toddlers, without extra plating being welded in as the rear deck is quite flimsy.

Comment

My aussie delivered 68 L has mounts on the rear parcel shelf under the trim.... basically they look like two alligator eyes on the shelf ( only visible when you remove the trim).

My harness bar locates into them.

Jr
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Here is a pic of the parcel shelf cover on the car, shape looks to be moulded into the trim panel.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hey Sean - I see your parcel shelf is red ... pm sent re: interior question so as not to derail thread. Ben

Comment

Great responses as always gents.

Given the comments about US cars not having the parcel mount, that's a great LHD conversion identifier to note.

So for the kids, lap belts it is.

Given the lap mounts exit the body facing forward, parallel with the body, the fixed mounting plates won't work as they would dig into the passengers waist. I guess I will need the eye bolts with the quick release.

Does anyone have a source for the quick release belts?

Comment

Are these the one's you need Roland? I used these on my SWB!!!

Comment

Hi, has anyone found an inertia 3 point system for the rears that works (ie the bolt and clip fit the angle of the "alligator eye" fixing point) in the rear shelf or is the only option an eye bolt?

Thanks

Julian

Comment

[QUOTE=roland paterson;n154082]Great responses as always gents.

Given the comments about US cars not having the parcel mount, that's a great LHD conversion identifier to note.

So for the kids, lap belts it is.

Given the lap mounts exit the body facing forward, parallel with the body, the fixed mounting plates won't work as they would dig into the passengers waist. I guess I will need the eye bolts with the quick release.

Does anyone have a source for the quick release belts?[/QUOTE

I used the fixed mounting plates supplied with ADR approved belts from Hemco - inexpensive and fast service even for just 4 belts - they look like they dig in, but they don't at all - I squeezed myself into the back and tested them!

They're ugly, but they're legal.

Comment

I've gone with the peparts lap belt. I'll post some pics once it's fitted. Cheers

Comment

Can anyone recommend a seat belt supply and installer in Melb.
                      Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

I have now worked out why the fitment wasn't straight forward. The previous owner had fitted new rear seat buckets. There was therefore no hole to allow for the fitment of the belts to the chassis rail. So by going underneath the car, finding the correct bottom mount holes I then chased it through the bucket. Once located the belts took 5-10 minutes to fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X