Had a bit of a fright today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

When I bought mine I sent the vin and engine numbers to the historical guy at Porsche in Germany [yes, it seems they have a history department - why wouldn't they indeed]. I've copied and paste his contact details below and his reply to my enquiry.

Marc Noack [Marc.Noack@porsche.de]
    Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 10:16 PM
    To:
    Paul Borobokas

Hello Paul,the car was delivered 01.April`71 to los Angeles / Type 911214=911T Targa 2,2l 125hp / color 7210=signalyellow / Interior 11=leatherette black,middle of seats basketweave / Options 440=antenna left,speaker front,shielding , 470=comfort-equipment , 568=colored front-and sidewindows , 976=chrome wheels 5,5x15 -------------------- motornumber 6121923 is 2,4l 140hp from `72-it is not the original motor for mentioned VIN!!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Marc Noack
    Classic Teileverkauf Kundenzentrum
    ( +49 (0)711/ 911-25729 2 +49 (0)711/911-25414 :marc.noack@porsche.de
    *Dr. Ing. h.c. F.Porsche AG, Abteilung VKC1 -- Porscheplatz 1 -- D-70435 Stuttgart - Zuffenhausen
    Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Paul, you were fortunate to take advantage of Marc Noack's help when you did, because Porsche put a stop to that in August last year. Something to do with 'privacy issues'

welcome to the board btw!

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
        Paul, you were fortunate to take advantage of Marc Noack's help when you did, because Porsche put a stop to that in August last year. Something to do with 'privacy issues'

welcome to the board btw!
        More like $$$$ to be made from the service... Although I'm pleased to see Porsche become the force it is now, sadly I think it will progressively move to being a corporate force rather than a car maker.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John, despite the directions Porsche is moving (taking over control of VW etc), I am pleased to see they are strengthening their corporate position and insulating themselves from a takeover by a bunch of rich Indians or Arabs.

It will ensure Porsche remains their own company and the brand remains in business for a while to come.

Remember when there was so much criticism of POrsche for building the Cayenne ? Its now their top selling model in the USA and helps keep the company so profitable. So too the Boxster which also helped enormousl;y with profits.

Regarding Porsche Classic, having visited them a couple of times, met Mark Noack and his staff and also talked with them at the Essen show, I can say these guys definitely have the passion about older cars, but are unfortunately ham strung by some management (read beancounters) policies in certain areas.

Whilst I was visiting Zuffenhaussen sitting in their offices (in the old Werke 1) , they couldnt be more helpful and hospitable. I would recommend that anyone visiting the factory, arrange an appointment (you need one to get inside the gate at Werke 1 offices), and go in to meet these guys. Ths is also the Parts dept for Classic Porsche and they are very happy to discuss old cars and parts and documentation for them. I bought a compelte workshop manual set from them, a reprent yes, but still from Porsche !

We are fortunate that Porsche Cars Australia are still approachable about cars histories and draw their info from the same set of digitized microfiche that Mark would use.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Great to hear there is still some respect for providence! I definitely want to get to the Museum at some time
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John, I will post a new thread about a Museum visit for 2009
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X