Pre 1974 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt911 View Post
    Thankyou everyone for the kind words re my car.
    The latest update regarding its sale is.....The 901 that I wanted to buy is no longer up for sale. The owner is setting up a business overseas and is not actually moving permanently for some time.
    Now I am in a bit of a spot, I really dont want to sell my car!!! Do I remove it from the market, or keep it advertised, and get something like the 3.6 T currently for sale. Other than that I know I wont find a better 901 than mine for similar money. I think I will save for that special engine afterall.
    Up the price to $100,000 !!
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

My for sale advert is deleted. I actually got home from work last night and took the 901 for a drive till late, something I never do. Im happy not to part ways.
      BTW. I would love a 3.6 on PMO's. Thats the plan (and 915)!

Comment

Matt, great to hear!!!!

hmmm... this thread has been taken a bit off topic - so back on topic. Getting out and driving a few cars is really the only way to decide whether a 2.0L '69 is going to cut it versus a '73 2.4L... or even a '70 with a 2.8L... anyone shopping (who hasn't driven one) should join up and come on a club run.

i am running out of coins...
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Okay thanks guys . My friend is a 911 owner he has owned a number of Porsche and currently runs a cup car . Early 911 is going to be new to him and of course he will drive a few of mine before he buys. I have 4 early 911s and have only ever bought Aussie delivered but it is interesting to hear the different oppinions because i myself are starting to think it is not the be all and end all to own Aussie cars. So now you have all pumped me up for Matts car and he has taken it off the market. I think we might smell the flowers for a bit and see what turns up

Larry

Comment

Larry I was going to suggest he drives all your cars to get a feel!!!!! I know I would like to.

He can have the RS for $400k will solve all his problems. Might as well have the best to start with!!!!!
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Matching numbers is as important as Aussie dleivery to me.

Who cares where the steering wheel is, they were designed to be LHD and I for one (2 if you count Phil) like them like that.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Maybe we need to have a LHD run day ??
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

i tend to agree with phil and clyde. having driven (their) lefties, it doesn't make such a difference for a classic car. maybe it would if you used it as a daily drive.

the all came out of the same factory.

just had a thought; say you produce 2 kids. one is right handed, the other left... do you love the leftie less than the right handed one?!? can be a bit inconvenient at times (eg left handed scissors?), but nothing major in the scheme of life. ok, bad analogy, but you get the point?

i think matching numbers is more important than the side the wheel is on. and condition is more important than both put together!!!
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hey Matt, why go to 2.4. I just did the hillclimb (it did have up and downs!) and I finished 23rd outright from 68 cars in the event. I had the second oldest car, smallest capacity and horsepower. Good setup can do everything to make the car quick!!
                    So why are you wanting to make it bigger capacity!?!?!
                    Alex Webster
                    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Good question Alex. I have been looking for S' motors lately. I am actually heading towards keeping the 901' box, and going for a 2.0 to 2.5 short stroke motor.
                      I have always liked the torque and easy power of bigger engines, but it is swaying too far from original, and will require too many mods that take away from the spirit of the early car.
                      The last week or so, has made me realise how important it is to keep these cars in period style.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice , My mate is running his cup car at Phillip Island this weekend coming so after that we will probably get together nad he can drive a car or two and we may start looking at some other options as you guys say matching #s is probably equally as important as Aussie delivered

Larry

Comment

Matt,

You should have a drive of my car ... and see what a you can achieve by building a nice (and relatively torquey) small motor. Mine is 2.2E spec. 175 -180hp at the flywheel at the last PCNSW tech day

Small S engines are sublime if you wring their neck, but torque .... I don't think so...
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                          X