X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketscience View Post
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...DENZ-fuse-pack

Err.. you were quicker than me Clyde!
    Yes the member I sold my gold 73E to saw my post too and he wanted it so I bought it for him.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
      Am not sure which tool is corect for a 69 toolkit for use in holding the fan belt pulley when changing a fan belt. There are 2 types: the "C" type spanner and also the flat bar with teh 2 pins at one end (which it appears you have in yr current kit).

a pic of some tools with the C spanner is below. There used to be a seller in California on ebay called "rowdy" who Clyde and I bought tools off and who used to sell complete kits. I doubt he is still around but Clyde might know.

Just found a pic of the pulley wrench "P 208" being the flat bar with 2 pins.

P208 pully wrench orig.jpg

76 carrera tools.jpg
      He has the right one Phil
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President

Comment

Originally posted by generalsmirnov View Post
        Started this thread to consolidate all my questions as I work through restoring my 69 911S. First up a basic one:

I believe my indicators front and back should have a silver surround rather than black. Is it just a case of removing the black paint or is the actual assembly incorrect please?

PXL_20210920_075731609.jpg PXL_20210920_075437009.jpg PXL_20210920_075429614.jpg
        The others have answered your question but I think your lamp housing is missing the small drain grommet unless the shadow is hiding it. They're the same as the ones for the headlamp buckets and rear indicator lens housings.

Have a look at eBay item: 151230090614 for a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by carl888 View Post

The others have answered your question but I think your lamp housing is missing the small drain grommet unless the shadow is hiding it. They're the same as the ones for the headlamp buckets and rear indicator lens housings.

Have a look at eBay item: 151230090614 for a pic.

RIght? I find it strange as a drain because surely it would pool up to the lip. But I guess it makes sense to block up the hole itself from condensation etc?

Comment

RIght? I find it strange as a drain because surely it would pool up to the lip. But I guess it makes sense to block up the hole itself from condensation etc?
            No, the rubber plug has two slots opposed at 180 degrees that sit flush with the indicator housing allowing any moisture to drain out. Obviously the moisture will drain out regardless, however I found that once the grommets are installed, they actually prevent dust and moisture ingress. The outlet points directly down.

Comment

This image shows it better:

Comment

Ah right nice thanks. I reopened the light to check, and then when I slightly touched the grommet with my finger it disintegrated... hah

Comment

Next step is to get the engine off carbs and back onto the original MFI. I had the MFI pump restored by https://bowerpower.com.au/ and luckily it was in pretty good condition. Some new seals and covers, rod the pipes and new injectors. Still not cheap! Now I have 2 questions please:
                  1. Is it worth getting the fuel pipes (as pictured in my hand) yellow zinc plated?
                  2. Who is the best and most reasonable shop to get this MFI installed back on the engine in Sydney?
                  Thanks!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Pretty sure those fuel lines are the correct colour as they stand
                    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Next step is to get the engine off carbs and back onto the original MFI. I had the MFI pump restored by https://bowerpower.com.au/ and luckily it was in pretty good condition. Some new seals and covers, rod the pipes and new injectors. Still not cheap! Now I have 2 questions please:
                      1. Is it worth getting the fuel pipes (as pictured in my hand) yellow zinc plated?
                      2. Who is the best and most reasonable shop to get this MFI installed back on the engine in Sydney?
                      Thanks!
                      Don't know about best AND reasonable ...

Simon Greenwood at Autowerks at North Wyong, he has looked after my MFI cars for about 17 years and knows his stuff, he is probably the most reasonably priced of the independents but any of the guys in Sydney- Autohaus, PR Technology etc all look after MFI cars.

Just about finished with the 2.4

IMG_6097.jpg
                      Last edited by epilot; 17-10-21, 08:56 AM.
                      Craig
                      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                      1972 2.4E Targa project
                      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Nice fan rivets
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                          Nice fan rivets
                          Thanks Clyde for supplying the rivets ! As always the devil is in the detail
                          Craig
                          1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Very nice. What is the yellow stuff above the injector nuts?
                            Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
                              Very nice. What is the yellow stuff above the injector nuts?
                              As they clean out each line after plating, a little paint mark, now removed, is used to identify it.
                              Craig
                              1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Another little part of the project - replacing the light bulb in the original radio. After carefully following the instructions on ESR:
                                Replacement bulb from: https://www.justkampers.com.au/n0177...t2-splits.html
                                Replacement dials from: https://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.de/

It works!
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X