Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mfi 2.7

Thank you for your comments and help.
    It seems to be the Transducer that Controls shut off solenoid. So get it re built. Then the next item. One by one and hope to solve and learn more.

I was asking whether anyone could assist on reasons an MFI 2.7, starts using more fuel a lot more than normal use, and also the idle seems lower rpm than it was the last time I run the car on long drive. I manual throttle lever, Starts fine from cold or hot running temperature, checked fuel lines ok, pump is ok, all I think is may be from a drop on DC power supply ?? Look forward to a few tips. Thanks. BronteBeachsands. Excellent link.
    Last edited by Brontebeachsand; 04-02-24, 05:23 PM.

Not sure, but could be the pump is running to rich. You could dial it back slightly and check the plugs to see if it is running lean or not. There is an adjustment on the rack.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Questions for people who have a mechanical fuel injection pump in their beautiful 911 ! On my 911E 2.0 liters when the engine is cold I always have to pull the hand throttle a little until it warms up. Then, once around 80°C, I pushed back the black lever completely and it used to held idle fine around 900 rpm. Since the arrival of summer, once the engine is warmed up, the idle gradually collapses with some exhaust pops then it stalls if there is no hand throttle. I tried 2 clicks

This thread was interesting.
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

You make reference to a choke and cable but I am not sure if you mean the hand throttle between the seats or if you are running a modified thermostat on the mfi pump which is manually adjustable.
        If you have the original type thermostat on the mfi pump, with the hot air connection/hoses from the left side heat exchanger, I would check all of that plumbing to make sure everything is connected and in good condition.
        If the thermostat isn’t getting any (or enough) hot air the pump will stay at its richest setting. The thermostat is designed to slowly lean the pump as the engine warms up after start.
        Duncan Miller
        1969 911S

Comment

Hi Bronte, Are you saying that the mfi was running fine then suddenly started running rich? As Hugh says in the link, be very careful if you adjust anything as mfis are normally very robust and don't suddenly change. I'd be checking everything else first.
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Will not be touching the pump etc I will leave to the Pros, always nice to learn more on a MFI system 911/83.

Comment

Working...
            X