Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-pt Harness Floor Mount

Hi Guys,

I'm in the throws of getting the car back on the road later this week (basic on-road stuff only, still lots to do...) - I'll be running both standard type seatbelts and 6-pt harnesses. I wanted to check what others have done for the harness setup - mainly the sub straps.

Based on a few searches of the Pelican site I'm assuming drilling through the floor approx 20 degrees back and 20 degres each side from the seat base strap hole, with welded in reinforcing plates under the floor?

Pics would be good if you have them!

Cheers, A.

Hi Ashton

Well worth a search on the CAMS website for the correct info.

I'm sure the plates do not need to be welded in. Also do not mount them too far backwards from the seat strap hole. Last year the scruteneers at CA said mine were too far back and that this would cause 'submarining' in an accident. Ive now moved them forward to that they are just back from the seat strap hole now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

ash

blue car is back at home if you want to have a look at my setup. as Cam said, you don't need to weld the floor mounts (and I think I have some spare mounting plates if you need them)

Comment

Thanks Cam. Excellent stuff. I'll have a hunt on the cams page.

Ryan - sounds good. With luck the car will be back at home next week in a bare bones state, then wheel aligned soon after and ready for a run. I suspect electrics will be the holdup...

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
          Hi Ashton

Well worth a search on the CAMS website for the correct info.

I'm sure the plates do not need to be welded in. Also do not mount them too far backwards from the seat strap hole. Last year the scruteneers at CA said mine were too far back and that this would cause 'submarining' in an accident. Ive now moved them forward to that they are just back from the seat strap hole now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
          Cam, are you talking about the crutch straps that come up thru the seat cushion or the 2 main side belts ?

The crutch straps do stop submarining and I wouldnt think they could be mounted too far back ?

Ash did say 6 point harness didnt he ?
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I had a quick browse of the CAMS regs - looks like 75x50x3mm plate to be used below the floor when bolted through sheet metal (as per Ryan's recommendation) and +- 10 degrees from vertical for the crutch straps (which need to be set up for one seat position / person - so if the seat is adjusted they'll then be in the wrong spot). Should be relatvely straight forward once I've found the best seat position!

Thanks guys.

Comment

apart from the benefit in an accident, it keep the side belts lower down around your hips which is so much better than them riding up around your chest!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
              X