No announcement yet.

Typ901 Thredbo 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already asked claire for next year's leave pass...
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I've deleted the heat from my Queensland car!
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

i hate to sound like a party pooper - but people looping it on public roads is one of the main reasons a lot of folk shy away from group drives.

Comment

Ryan

Agreed and in hindsight I would be doing a LOT more to avoid having to drive in snow...

If you think about the purpose of the club and the amount of kilometres travelled I think our club has a pretty good track record. I know relative to the only other automotive club I have been a member of, these drives are positively sedate... which is a very good thing!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Clyde, Richard, Peter and Jock,

I can't thank you enough for organising the weekend and making me so welcome into the fold.

I have owned a several classic cars over the years and been to a number of national meets but never have i enjoyed my car and the company of like minded enthusiasts so much.

A really special thanks to Stuart and Liz for their hospitality and Graham and Susie for their company.

1050 miles, couple of hundred litres of 98 and one speeding ticket- a f@cking excellent weekend !!
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
              ...1050 miles, couple of hundred litres of 98 and one speeding ticket- a f@cking excellent weekend !!
              where did you get done, Craig?

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                where did you get done, Craig?
                John,

on the way home...

i'd cleared Berridale and was thundering along thinking what a great stretch of road, no cars, no cops etc and over the hill comes a police rescue vehicle, i went flying past him not realising what it was...

i said to myself, self, he will radio into Cooma for the highway patrol to come looking for the temporary licence holder of the silver Porsche- sure enough about 10k's out of Cooma i get hauled over, doing right on 60mph, do you realise sir that the speed limit is 100k's, yes officer, booked for less than 15k's above, thankyou officer, 1 point and $81- there is a God and his name is Ferdinand...
                Craig
                12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                1972 2.4E Targa project
                1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by OBRUT View Post
                  i hate to sound like a party pooper - but people looping it on public roads is one of the main reasons a lot of folk shy away from group drives.
                  .......I don't see too many complaints from those who attended (this year or last)

There should be no misconception that we were hooning around. Richard's spin was on an icy, snow covered road (see last photo in my first post) heading downhill on slick tyres and at approx 10kph.
                  Jock's was on a wet and sharp 15 kph hairpin on old hard tyres.
                  Both were in no danger of injury or major damage - although Suzie was pleased she had selected her brown corduroy trousers to wear that day.

The run on the Saturday was in varying conditions - rain, fog and dry, curvy, straight, uphill and downdale roads - and our speeds in all instances matched the conditions and there were no incidents or near disasters.

We make it very clear to all drivers that they should drive within their comfort zone and not travel at speeds beyond their ability - there is no pressure to keep with the "quicker" drivers. We have plenty of stops for all to gather together prior to the next stage - just ask Jock and Suzie.

If you need to be convinced that it's a great weekend, just read the posts from Clyde and Craig - they are both spot on :p
                  Peter Williams #049
                  Secretary TYP901
                  1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by OBRUT View Post
                    It's a right of passage in a 911, just like dressing up in in a feather boa and and massage oil and greek wrestling with your ship mates when you cross the equator...
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
                      John,

on the way home...

i'd cleared Berridale and was thundering along thinking what a great stretch of road, no cars, no cops etc and over the hill comes a police rescue vehicle, i went flying past him not realising what it was...

i said to myself, self, he will radio into Cooma for the highway patrol to come looking for the temporary licence holder of the silver Porsche- sure enough about 10k's out of Cooma i get hauled over, doing right on 60mph, do you realise sir that the speed limit is 100k's, yes officer, booked for less than 15k's above, thankyou officer, 1 point and $81- there is a God and his name is Ferdinand...
                      Yowza! I'd fight that... There is a big difference between knowing something, and proving something...

I write penalty notices (tickets) every week, and I'd never dream of issuing a ticket on speculation...
                      John Forcier
                      Restoration Saga

Comment

Couldn't have put it any better myself Peter, thank you.
                        Last edited by Terminator; 28-04-09, 09:16 PM.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

peter/clyde,

i didn't accuse anyone of hooning - and i don't need convincing that you all had a nice weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X