10000 Mile RS for $250000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane,

I re read my source and of course you are correct it had round under bumper lights, according to the bible, which I have never seen.

I have only ever seen through the grille round ones.

Phil I think Andrew means the originals that were replaced with the Cibies
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by TonyC
      This car is at the Throttle Shop - I had a good look today.

Apparently it is sold for $300K, to a local Sydney buyer.
      I understood this RS has been for sale for some time at around the $250K mark. Surely a potential RS buyer has their ear to the ground for such cars ? Why would you pay a $50K premium to buy it off a dealer ??

And is the silver 911S at the Throttle shop the one that sold recently and was discussed on this board ? They are now asking $129K.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Its the same one Phil
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

$300 k !

Hey all

Don't forget the dealer has a vested interest in promoting a purported $300k sale (despite what it ACTUALLY sold for)......as they have a high price on a 2.4S to justify (haven't seen the car, don't know the condition) somehow. If the 2.4s is perfect, then, OK.

Anyway, good luck to the new owner, hopefully it's well used and enjoyed locally.

Rgds

Stew.

Comment

Hi Stew

I agree, it suits a dealer to promote the view that he can sell cars for high values. The interesting thing about the Throttle Shop is that they seem to have plugged into a market sector here in Sydney where they move 901s pretty quickly, for good prices even if they are a bit lower than the ticket prices. What I have noticed is that the good RHD Oz delivered cars, still in pretty original condition with history, move very very quickly compared to conversions, tired or average modified cars.

There is a very interesting thread running on the Early 911S Registry site at the moment re. Bruce Anderson's 901 valuations. The gist is that his values are seen to be for average to good cars, and the distilled wisdom is that exceptional cars sell quickly and privately for around double his estimate. That's a big mark-up factor, but IMO completely reasonable given the cost of parts and restoration these days.

There is also a nice comment about what is a "mint" car, and the author refers to Clyde's Targa as precisely that! There is also a view that a great original car is of higher value than a great restored one.

Sounds like you have the inside running on what that RS sold for - gonna share it with us?

tonyc

Comment

Working...
            X