No announcement yet.

Picklex Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roland, Picklex and POR are totally different products for different purposes.

Picklex treats and protects bare metal whilst you're working on it. You use it whilst you're restoring, but not as a permanent solution. You can weld through it and makes for an excellent anti-splatter aid. It is not water-proof and the metal must remain out of the weather, but otherwise bare metal can sit for months and months without corroding. Before/during final preparation for pain, the Picklex is removed through sanding and preperation solvent treatments. However the manufacturer is adamant the composition doesn't effect paints anyway.

POR is a permanent metal finish. I'm not qualified enough to make too big an assertion, however all the pros who restore for a living don't use POR as it is generally incompatible with the 2k full 'systems' they work with from Glasurit/PPG etc... I used POR with great success on a box trailer I restored, but didn't use it on my 911 resto.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Another shipment?

I'd be interested in a litre or 2 of Picklex if someone is getting another shipment.
      Jeff Eelkema
      TYP 901 #132
      S-Reg #1431
      69E (project)
      various bevel Ducatis
      60s Vespa

Comment

I can pass on details to make it an easy purchase.

Comment

I am in contact with this company again.
          Shipping price is up, dollar value down.
          More like $340 a gallon now (3.8 litres)
          Call it $100 a litre.

Comment

Are you buying more?

I'll take a litre if so
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

A local option may be Metalfix from www.phoenixpaints.com.au, they are in Perth and can ship via AusPost as its water based.

I've used it before on trailers and it works well, it may be an alternative to Picklex or just another option in a list of products?
              Uwe Imhoff
              TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Regarding shipping from the states: a friend rents a P.O.Box in The U.S. and has its contents shipped in bulk to oz. saves a lot of coin.

Might be worth considering if you're constantly shipping a lot over the pond.

Comment

I looked into all the various way to get it in. Bulk is certainly the answer but the truth is unless you're already "in the game" it's just a bit too hard for the average punter needing a litre. The stuff goes a long way and you really don't need much.

If certain retail associations get their way it's going to become increasingly expensive to bring anything in over the 'net. Even things not actually sold in Australia
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Yeah, I got offered a sweet deal on 55 gallons

Comment

I thought I had enough until this happened.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X