TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIVER TRAINING DAY - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS & HOUSEKEEPING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew thanks for the praise but this is Lisa's and PCV's baby for the register, I have very little to do other than send out infoand bring drinks on the day.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

And field email enquiries that you shouldn't need to be doing! I am trying to save you the work here...nothing more, nothing less (pinched your phrase).

Comment

In my view this has always been promoted as a driver ed/training day - not a motokana/race day, so I find it hard to believe that anyone has thought any different.
        I for one am looking forward immensely to the day because I really want to learn how to drive my P-car car properly (and any other car for that matter) and the only place to learn this is on a track such as this - not on a public road - and with expert trainers.
        Lisa has always promoted the day as an eductaion/fun day.
        I've done both level 1 & 2 of the Murcotts course at Sandown - and its amazing the things that we so called experienced drivers don't know about defensive driving and handling cars in tricky situations.
        I encourage all to attend - the necessary requirements are'nt onerous - if I can satisfy them then anyone can.
        Bring on the 18th - and also of course the warm up run on the 17th.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Club member Mark Clair emailed me this thought you guys might like to check out the track by satellite. For an old fart like me this is unbelievable.

Mark has done lots of work on the PCV site and this is his handywork also.

Choose the satellite function on the RHS of page and then use the zoom up/down/left/right function on the LHS page. I swear you can see a copper driving around there now!!!

Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

FYI

Spoke to CAMS earlier today and they are suggesting the turn around for licenses is around 9 days including postage.

I would suggest anyone that's been waiting for a while follow them up to make sure things haven't been lost in the system.

Regards,
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke
            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

That's a great link that Mark Clair has provided. It comes from Google (Google maps) and is furnished from the Google Earth site which in itself is amazing. We can zoom in on our back yard literally with Google Earth - now I know these guys are taking pics every few weeks there will be no sunbaking going on anymore :shock: :wink: !

Take the time and have a look at this link - you can see the Attwood facility really clearly; it will give you a heads up on the circuit layout if you haven't been there before.

PCV Administrator (Carly) is very kindly keeping me up to speed with entries received - she has 3 already! I know who you are guys - good stuff!

Even though entries don't officially open for a few days, PCV are happy to accept them early, so don't be afraid to send them in.

Paul W's info from CAMS is right. If you have applied and don't have your licence about a week out from the event, please call CAMS and let them know you will need it and they will get it to you.

Lisa

Comment

ENTRIES NOW OPEN (OFFICIALLY)

As the title suggests, entries are now officially open for this event. As of Friday last week, 5 had already been received .

Please download the forms from the 'events and announcements' thread on this event and send them in to Porsche Club of Victoria.

Cheers,
                Lisa

Comment

hey lisa

given i'm on instructing duties - do i need to enter?

Comment

Housekeeping issues...

OK, we're at the business end of arrangements for this Sunday...

Driver trainers: Mike J, Alex W & Mark C (Ryan C - you're excused :wink: ) - competition meeting at Porsche Centre Melbourne 7.00pm Wednesday night please (pretty please!)...I will email you all when I have firm details.

Volunteers; please puts your hands up NOW guys...Richard G I have you on my list - anyone else? Please let me know before Wednesday night so I can let Jeff Thomas (PCV) know how many volunteers we have to help the day run smoothly and spread the workload around...

Remember entries close soon, so please get your forms in ASAP.

Clyde (Mrs Tea-Lady) please let me know if you need extra mugs etc as I have a stack I can bring along...

Darren: I am sure spectators are welcome. Just remember please that the circuit actually passes by the only access gate and so the gate will be closed for the day (we're pretty much locked in). Also, lunch is provided as part of the entry fee and also to volunteer helpers and driver trainers. There are no facilities other than an urn at Attwood, so lunch is brought in from a local caterer...best to ensure that a) your spectators want to stay for at least half a day (gate gets opened once for the lunch run) and b) rations are brought along if staying all day!

Any questions, please ask and I'll have answers for you after Wednesday night if not before - otherwise I'll see you Sunday 8.00am.

Cheers,
                    Lisa

Comment

Lisa

I'll definitely be there! Even though I won't be driving I am looking forward to it

... in the interest of domestic harmony, think I might bail on the saturday run though... :cry:

Lisa, is there any chance you could bring some spyder venom along? How much per bottle and how many tanks per bottle?!?

Thanks

Rich
                      Richard Griffiths
                      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks Rich,

"Venom" will treat around 360 litres of fuel...I'll email you all the info tomorrow from work.

Cheers,
                        Lisa

Comment

Im chasing up my CAMS licence today and as soon as I have that, I'll fire my entry across.

Comment

whilst i'm looking forward to my instructor role, i've also sent in an entry to bolster numbers (and just in case one of you fine southern folk leave your keys unattended...)

Comment

OK entry forms in. See every one Sunday.

Comment

New thread; new message

Please read my message in the new thread entitled

"Urgent message re driver training at Attwood this Sunday"

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                                X