No announcement yet.

TECHNO CLASSICA CAR SHOW IN ESSEN GERMANY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry Clyde, I only got yr mail after I left the show. But I think the price of the compressor would be way too high. The owner really knew his prices.

I have posted a few more pics below, including one of me with the president of the Carrera RS club of Germany. Also met the Classic 911 Pres and I expect to strengthen the association between our clubs in the future. They were very happy to meet me and hear about our activities in Australia. i think perhaps we may be able to leverage this into a more formal association with PAG and I am meeting with the clubs manager whilst in Stuttgart next week. Stay tuned on this one!

Hope you like the pics of the show, many more to come later.

OOPS, just noticed I renamed the 962 Porsche image as 917.

Hugh, I thought you would have jumped on me for that mistake. I just renamed it.
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

We drove to Mirboo Nth today!!
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thats a very nice picture of you and the bloke with the mo holding hands in front of that orange RS, Phil. Is he the RS Club president?

tonyc

Comment

Nice spotting Tony perhaps that why Phil rang me in such an excited mood today!!!!!

You know the first time I was passenger in a car with Phil he pulled his knob off.................those darn corrugated washers just don't do their job
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Nice spotting Tony perhaps that why Phil rang me in such an excited mood today!!!!!

You know the first time I was passenger in a car with Phil he pulled his knob off.................those darn corrugated washers just don't do their job
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

That wasnt a very good camera angle was it ? And yes the guy with me in the pic is Uwe Kurzenberger, the RS Classic Club president. His wife (?)Gabrielle was also there. They own the Kuhne & Nagle RS.

The other pic is of myself and a guy called Walter Naher, who was a race mechanic for Porsche in the 60's, 70's & 80's and most recently with Sauber. He owns some very historically significant cars which he bought from the factory after they finished racing them. I was introduced to him by a Spanish guy who is from the Early S board (Platas) and knows him because they are both 914/6 enthusiasts as well.

I wasnt at the show today (last day) but drove to Stuttgart and am now sitting in my hotel looking out the windows at the P car factory. Tomorrow is the factory tour and some other meetings.

Some more pics below showing the building going on of the new museum.
                Attached Files
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Heres some pics of the car I finally ended up getting. Its a long story and despite having organised the hire of a 997 from Porsche Wiesbaden, they decided at the last minute you needed to have a German drivers licence and passport before they would give you the car. More on this later.

However, you will see in one pic, my friends buddy, Konrad, who owns the burgundy 996 Cabriolet and who initially made the calls to the porsche dealer. Upon hearing of my problem last night, he just handed me the keys to his car and said "take it for a few days". Unbelievable generosity.

So instead of the 997 coupe, I was in a 996 cab, and had a nice sunny day for a drive south. I passed Hockenheim and went in to see if I could look around but there was a bike race meeting on and it was packed. I didnt do the Nurburgring visit as I had canned the idea already as I thought I would be driving an Avis car. We also had a very late night at my friends winery/restaurant (4.00am) so an 0700 start wasnt really on the cards.

So that experience will have to wait till next time.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by hippo
                    Phil,

Love the door pocket shot...given my search for front pockets you might want to suggest he works on developing both sets ...he would make a fortune on E Bay.

Andrew
                    Andrew,

those pics were taken on the Porsche Classic stand and there was a Porsche employee (young lady) making the pockets there. So I believe they are available from Porsche but only from Germany. Am checking this out tomorrow whilst at the factory.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phil,

You are right the front pockets are a "special" order ex germany with an unknown lead time.

Whats so special?

$900 AUD per side !!!!

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                      X