RS Heaven at Phil Hearns workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
    Patrick, your car was behind me on a hoist being worked on so hopefully done soon.
    It's all good. Phil called me last Wednesday and i picked the car up in the afternoon. It being a gorgeous sunny spring day, i took the afternoon off and took it for a long drive around Healesville, Yea & King lake. Fantastic! Nothing beats a just serviced 901 on almost empty roads on a sunny day.

After an initial scare (Phil called two weeks ago with bad compression & leakage test results) he cleaned the carbs and its much, much improved now; it's done over 200,000km and has never been rebuild in its 39 years, doesn't smoke and has healthy compression on 5 of the six cilinders. A 'T' really is bomb-proof!

By the way: Thanks to all for recommending Phil Hearn. He's not close to where i live, he's extremely busy and he is (as all other Porsche mechanics i've dealt with in the past) very meticulous, but it's really worth the wait & money spent; He's done a great job on my car, and prepared me for what's coming up in the near future, which enables me to plan ahead. Highly recommended!
    Last edited by patrick911; 03-09-12, 09:21 AM.
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Patrick, glad Phil was able to look after you. As you say he is quite meticulous and you get a great job for a fair price.

But as with all good things, one must wait and he is not well known for being quick with his jobs.

I was there tonight and should have taken photos of the new motor he has built for a 550 that will hoprefully be ready for Motorclassica this year, resplendent in new French Blue paint and completely rebuilt from scratch.
      Last edited by e72phil; 03-09-12, 10:17 PM.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
      X