No announcement yet.

Replacement seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help guys. I phoned a couple of Burson stores in Eastern surburbs and they apparently don't stock them. Auto One wanted $140 each including shipping to store. I then phone Repco in Botany and they had a pair on the shelf. $111 each. Got both for $200.

Good result.

Comment

Originally posted by jason View Post
      Thanks for the help guys. I phoned a couple of Burson stores in Eastern surburbs and they apparently don't stock them. Auto One wanted $140 each including shipping to store. I then phone Repco in Botany and they had a pair on the shelf. $111 each. Got both for $200.

Good result.
      Klippan or Hemco?
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I got the Klippan - had the code so pretty easy. I've also had an early Christmas and picked up the following this morning from Michael at Vintageseats

2 x R Seats - vinyl with b/w houndstooth centres
        2 x rear seats re-covered with OEM matching vinyl
        Plus enough OEM vinyl to re-do all interior panels including non-directional vinyl for the dash.

I hadn't sat in the seats before, so was a little nervous - but they are perfect.

Busy weekend ahead.

Comment

A lota talkin' and no photos...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            A lota talkin' and no photos...
            True! I will rectify at the weekend.

Comment

Clyde said he caught up with Michael yesterday at CRT in Nth Melb.

Also no photos.........
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Merv
                Are retractors compulsory in Australia for road cars?
                Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                No. But the belts must be ADR complianced/approved and tagged (Dave's seatbelts would fail a roadworthy unfortunately). It also means using a lot of race legal belts would also make the car technically illegal...

Most coppers would use common sense, however it's the mermaids you have to make happy...
                This topic is over 4 years old, but I ran into this when searching the legality of having a safety harness in a road car. I have searched on VICroads and read some of the ADR regulations, but it looks as if a harness is indeed only allowed when having it ADR approved. If it isn't, are you expected to add a normal (ADR approved) retractable 3-point system for both driver & passenger? and can you leave the harness in for originality sake?
                Does anyone know?
                Last edited by patrick911; 25-01-18, 08:42 PM. Reason: correction
                1973 911T Coupe
                1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

To my knowledge harnesses are not road legal in QLD, at least.

Comment

In NSW, you cannot remove safety equipment that was originally fitted to the car from factory. (hence the seat belt and the harness in cars that have factory fitted belts)

But if your car never had front seat belts fitted from factory, you can fit any ADR approved belt to the car later on - they can be retractable or non retractable

Wether or not there is an ADR approved harness, I am not sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X