New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toy

It might be late onset ADHD but I just couldn’t find the patience to perfect the art of fine-tuning the mixture on my Webers. Always good for an easy way out I ended up picking up an Innovate LM2 wide band A/F meter off fleebay. This thing will measure mixture and log it against RPM and could be ideal for finely dialling carbs in.

Plan is to have 6 S/S bungs welded into my SSI’s so I can get the mixture correct off each carb throat. It’ll also be handy with a new little project which has an SU.
    Attached Files
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Paul, that could be the answer to my OCD.

Having just done my valves 3 times!

Comment

Yeah valves clearances can be addictive ... and a pain.

Comment

Paul

If you have even compression and the carbs are balanced you shouldn't need 6 readings. I suspect trying to set each cylinder will send you nuts as even a slight variation in spark quality will give you a different exhaust gas reading. You could use the 6 readings to try and get a more even idle but anything above idle you want to have the same size jets. You don't want to start running different size jets and air bleeds etc in different cylinders.

Very handy tool to get some real world readings under load and cruise etc at the tailpipe though.
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

Valves aren't that bad, once set I double check and 'tweak' using the back side method.

Jeff the thought was to use the individual ports to get the idle right on each throat then just monitor one with the engine at speed and under load.
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Working...
          X