No announcement yet.

Cheeky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant. My nails are nearly gone. Audi #2 gaining!
    Can Porsche hold on? 2.5 hrs now it starts.

Comment

MW in to the end. Audi 1st now but need another stop.
      It really is on, wow.

Comment

Surprised they put Webber in . . . other P drivers seemed to be going faster. Audi definitely have the pace on them, maybe Porsche have got the tyres wrong . . . it's a bloody nail biter

Comment

It's a pity that the #20 car now out with "engine not happy" according to webber. Sounds like they have been nursing a problem in that car, including in the hybrid recovery system, for most of the race. Still a great effort though. Fingers crossed for #14.
          One of he best races ( of any kind) I have seen for many years. Makes F1 look boring.
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Australian TYP 901 Register #005
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

#14 has gone into the garage now, so reliability is starting to look like an issue. Interesting that the engine suddenly got "tired" on both cars after 22+ hrs. As you say, maybe they have been nursing them for some time
            Last edited by npvpositive; 15-06-14, 09:42 PM.

Comment

It was great while it lasted & looked like the fairy tale could come off.
              Thats the B'stard of Le Mans, it always does this kind of thing. Thats why it's the one they all want to win.
              Both 919's out now. Sensational effort.

Comment

Don't write off #14 yet. It sounds as if it had a gearbox or gear selector issue (4 th &5th gear) can fix that nd still finish in 4th if a bit lucky
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Great start back for Porsche. Le Mans has that something special.

Comment

It sure made for interesting watching, but for such a long preparation and big budget endeavour I'm dissapointed they couldn't make them last 24 hours.
                    I'm very interested to hear what went wrong and even more how they will come back next year.

There's rumours going around that Ferrari may join Le Mans again, now THAT would make it interesting!
                    1973 911T Coupe
                    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Working...
                    X