Pirelli CN36 Re-Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chris
    the initial figure on the longstone website for freight comes up at about that number BUT if you then click thru the system gives you a discount back, in my case, back to 150 pounds. I had no problem with the on line order - it was actioned and the tyres were on their way in about an hour. see attached

I looked at ordering in two lots but the extra freight is higher than the GST - freight seemed to be 150 pounds for the lot or for each lot of two versus in my case GST of $166
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HughH; 10-01-18, 10:10 AM.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
        chris
        the initial figure on the longstone website for freight comes up at about that number BUT if you then click thru the system gives you a discount back, in my case, back to 150 pounds. I had no problem with the on line order - it was actioned and the tyres were on their way in about an hour. see attached

I looked at ordering in two lots but the extra freight is higher than the GST - freight seemed to be 150 pounds for the lot or for each lot of two versus in my case GST of $166
        Hugh,
        Were you not happy with your Avons, or were they just worn out?
        Ben.

Comment

I have ended up ordering 5 Pirellis from Stuckey at $455 each.

The Avon’s are great tyres but they are a completely different construction with a very thick sidewall, race/track oriented, harsh for every day road use.
          I have a set of these on my special occasion track wheels.

Last edited by 9er; 11-01-18, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Ben
            No the Avons were not worn out BUT i had had them for 5 years (I bought them shortly before the first Rennsport in 2013. I estimate that they are only about 50% to 60% worn BUT they have been only used on the road and in the last couple of years I have not had much time to use the car.
            Therefore an issue developed with them (which I believe is typical of these tyres and all similar R spec tyres, that are not used fairly quickly - they went a little out of round from sitting. Therefore when on a smooth road (freeway etc) there was a feeling like a slight wheel imbalance - just a small judder especially at about 100kph. it is not noticeable at lower speeds or around town. I just got sick of it as i felt it was discouraging me from taking the car out for a drive when I actually had time so i thought that after 5 years I should replace them

I agree they are GREAT tyres and when I first had them I could not believe how much grip they gave. But as chris says they are probably best for hard use and to be used up quickly rather than sitting on a car under used. The CN36's as a road tyre should not age like that.

i am about to get them changed over and I suspect that they probably have one track day left in them If anyone in Melbourne wants them (and can put up with the slight imbalance) It would not be cost effective to ship them anywhere I think but they will be free to a good home hen they come off IMG_1351.JPG
            how have you found yours?
            Last edited by HughH; 11-01-18, 10:27 AM.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I will take the Avon's Hugh!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

there yours Alex

i am going to get Carl to change them over shortly = how do i get them to U alex
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
                X