69 dash template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

69 dash template

Hoping someone can help with a photo and measurements I can use to repair my dash. It's been attacked with a hack saw around the radio area. Cheers. Tim
    Attached Files

Click the link in my signature for lots of 69 resto photos

Here for some dash shots... http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=2645&page=42
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks John. Much appreciated.
      Tim

Comment

Me to Tim dash out currently so can measure or take pics of anything you need
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde, measurements of both heater control and radio hole cut outs would be great. And some close up photos to replicate the edge detail for the rebuild would be great. I have the centre support frame to guide us on the hole locations but want to get the hole sizes and detail correct.
          Cheers
          Tim

Comment

OK will take them tomorrow afternoon and measure as well
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Thanks Clyde, while you have the camera can I trouble you for a shot like this. It's the view of where the door sill meets the front of the rear guard/body. I can see into the sill tunnel on both sides from inside the rear wheel arches and that's not right. If your rear wheels are back on it might not be possible. Cheers. Tim
              Attached Files

Comment

Radio hole is 183mm wide and 53mm deep as best as I could measure. If you install your heater lever system you can figure where it stops on the LHS as it fits very tightly in the hole and the RHS looks original from the pic

What else do you need I think I have the idea of the photo you took and as you suspect there is no hole in my car...or anybody elses I suspect.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

The outer sill is supposed to come in to meet that support and leave no gap.
                  Not much you can do without major cut away work.
                  Maybe just make sure that opening is filled with seam sealer or similar?
                  I can show you heaps of photos of that area?

Comment

Thanks Clyde for the measurements.
                    Chris, thanks for the offer of photos.That would be great. The flares are being replaced so that might open things up for the repair of the gaps.
                    Tim

Comment

Here are some photos as promised

Firstly without the outer rocker.

Next photo shows outer rocker just test fitted this arvo for the purpose of the pictures

And then final picture just shows the already completed passenger side with the outer rocker welded and seam sealed.

Comment

Thanks Chris,
                        Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X