No announcement yet.

993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons this project has taken so long is nothing is just a buy it and bolt in part. In trying to keep the trunk as clean as possible Mike has fabricated a washer bottle with a remote filler and hidden it under the front guard.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Exciting time Paul. Getting close!

Comment

There have been a few delays with getting the engine run up on the dyno. Needed to get some retainers for the coil packs made. Like everything with this car these are not off the shelf items and have to be CNC'd.
        In the meantime the air intakes for the brake ducts have been fitted to the horn grilles. The standard plastic fit over this so you cant tell there's anything behind
        Last edited by Paul Ford; 25-09-18, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Photo shows the silicone hose from the back of the horn grille to the back of the rotor.
          These are big reds so should be no problems stopping a 900kg car. Will put water injection system in if they get too hot on the track. Easy to do with Motec and a PDM.
          Last edited by Paul Ford; 25-09-18, 02:29 PM.

Comment

those should stop it pretty quickly !
            '71 911 T 2.7
            TYP 901 Register #16
            Early 911S Register #2460
            Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

I think you need a new job Paul. One for Porsche racing. Lovely work.

Comment

First run on the dyno looks promising. Not going too aggressive on the tune. 380HP in a car weighing just over 900kg will be pretty lively.

Comment

Choice.

Comment

No driver aids & better power to weight ratio than a current model GT3. Coming up to 3 years since I started this project, starting to get a bit excited about driving it.

Comment

A wise man once told me:

the first 80% of a project takes 80% of the time and the last 20% takes another 80% of the time

words to live by

Comment

The main issue here was Scope Creep.............the enemy of all projects.
                        The initial plan to convert it back to a rough and ready normally aspirated race car had a 6 month timeline and 50K budget.
                        Timeline blowout is obvious but if my wife finds out what I've actually spent on this thing bad things will happen to me.

Comment

Engine and car finally reunited.
                          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Paul A work of art. Absolutely awesome. Singeresque!! Nev

Comment

Great work. Too nice to go near the race track and risk being hit!. Credit to your vision for how a car should be built and the attention to detail required to get it there. Great stuff!

Comment

Exhaust Cut Out 2.JPG Work continues at a blistering pace. Job for the month is the heatsheild/trim for the exhaust cut out in the rear bar. Challenge has been set to finish the car before the 3 year aniversary ticks over mid January

Comment

Working...
                                X