1964 356 lhd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clyde,
    When I bought the '65, it was actually a 356 that I had been looking to buy. After looking at several 356's and not finding one that I was happy with, the 911 became my default purchase. I had become impatient.
    Looking back now, I'm happy that it panned out that way.
    I must say, both have great appeal, and I'm sure that before too long you will see me with an early 911 once again. Perhaps just not a '65!
    John Orchard
    356 B (T6) 1963
    911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
    912 1966 SWB (sold)
    930 Turbo 1984
    997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

There is one for sale for $700k if you change your mind John
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
        They seem to interest different demographics of bystanders as well. No exhaustive research, but the mid-40's guys ogle the early 911's and the pre-teenage kids and over 55's the 356. Take your pick!
        I am over 55:p
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Haha. Yes.... Think I know the one you mean.��
          John Orchard
          356 B (T6) 1963
          911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
          912 1966 SWB (sold)
          930 Turbo 1984
          997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

On the topic of buying 356's ... what do we reckon a 1963 T6, non matching but aussie delivered RHD (sorry Phil) is worth?
            New paint, original interior, 70,000 miles ...

Comment

Hard to say without pics Ben. BT-6 - there were only ever 40-44 ever sold in Australia/NZ (I have the records). The rest were imports or conversions. So that adds to value. Matching numbers, mine are, but that is quite rare now. Original interior is good. Why painted? No evident rust?

Range - between $90 and $120K possibly depending on body and mechanical condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                Hard to say without pics Ben. BT-6 - there were only ever 40-44 ever sold in Australia/NZ (I have the records). The rest were imports or conversions. So that adds to value. Matching numbers, mine are, but that is quite rare now. Original interior is good. Why painted? No evident rust?

Range - between $90 and $120K possibly depending on body and mechanical condition.
                No rust - interior was great but paint worn so freshened up, but done properly.

It's a great example in great colour way.

Been advised it's 'not for sale', but can be bought for $140k.

Comment

That would be top dollar IMO, but these cars are not like the 911's with their rapid boost in values. They are steady achievers and just keep progressively climbing. Any info on the motor? S, N or S90? Condition?

Comment

I'm not up on the nuances of the 356 models but Dad just watched that one in Launceston go across the blocks sold for $91K including premium .....

Comment

Good buying
                      Alex Webster
                      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

That's good then

Comment

What happened to the 911's seems to have moved to the 356's as the values of 911's seem to be steadying or even declining somewhat. All good from my point of view!

Comment

Working...
                          X