No announcement yet.

911E at Shannons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is Bidder 11853? Hope he included the 5% buyers Premium into his final price he has t pay. makes my fully restored 72 911E look cheap at $240K
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

wow - what a wonderful result for the seller - well beyond what I imagined he was expecting?

I admit to logging on around 915 and it was at 250 and that is where I expected it to end. That in istself was an excellent result.

Interesting story, cool period colour combination.

I would buy yours Phil in preference to this , but each to their own ......

I hope the purchaser enjoys his / her new car.

Thanks

Justin
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Without knowing or seeing the car a brilliant result. It obviously ticked all the boxes for the buyer and on the face of it had that bit of magic being what appeared to be a very original, unmolested, unrestored, not over restored time capsule. What is becoming an ever diminishing resource! FAP was pretty correct with his original post description.
        Last edited by klasikcis; 27-08-20, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Just spoke with Shannons. Seems the buyer is local and car will stay in Australia. Interesting to see if buyer reveals their identity and what the plans are for the car. At the price paid, it seems it will be overcapitalised once required work is done to make it safe to drive reliably again.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
            wow - what a wonderful result for the seller - well beyond what I imagined he was expecting?

I admit to logging on around 915 and it was at 250 and that is where I expected it to end. That in istself was an excellent result.

Interesting story, cool period colour combination.

I would buy yours Phil in preference to this , but each to their own ......

I hope the purchaser enjoys his / her new car.

Thanks

Justin
            Justin, are you having sellers remorse thinking your car was now worth more ? Shannons seems to think the originality of this car plus Gemini Blue contributed to the price but I feel those comments suit their Auction sales argument for future sales.

My take out of this online auction was the Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 was a steal at $105,000. This is a classic front engine V12 and a definite collectors car.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

No sellers remorse - Im comfortable with my decision and the price I got.....

Im on the hunt for the SWB's replacement now

Not sure if this now constitutes the market for early cars - or not, only time will tell.

JR
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

The grapevine has told me this car spent 3 years and drove 40,000 miles in the UK before heading out to Australia. At this mileage, it surely was driven in winter in snow and on salted roads so tin worm could well be present in many places for quite some time. I heard the underside of the car was pretty average from someone who was able to inspect it before stage 4 lockdown started. No doubt more info will emerge as the car sees the light of day after such a long storage.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

The Shannons vehicle report did state surface rust around front pan and left tie rod .

Maybe battery boxes above gave way a bit , you would need to change them out a couple of times over that period, otherwise nice car.

Half his luck, I'd be staying home not going into a home though, enjoy

I watched it all the way through,it was annoying that it kept getting 5 minute extensions ,constantly, it was so obvious they could see 300k looming and with two bidders going at it, they could see it too.

I'll certainly be sending one of mine there soon (not Porsche)

Comment

What do Shannons charge sellers 20 % ?

Comment

I believe Shannons std charge to seller is 11% although this is negotiable for high priced cars, and 5% commission on sale price to buyer. So its not that cheap an exercise.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by silbere View Post

I watched it all the way through,it was annoying that it kept getting 5 minute extensions ,constantly, it was so obvious they could see 300k looming and with two bidders going at it, they could see it too.
                        The 5 minute extensions are automatically built into the software to emulate what might happen at a live auction and give bidders time to make a counter-bid. It probably also allows for international buyers with dodgy internet connections and slow screen refresh. I buy on a Japanese Watch Auction site which restarts the clock for another 10 minutes after last bid is lodged. This also inhibits Auction Snipe bidding so often seen on ebay.
                        sigpicPhil Lack
                        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Phil .

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                            The grapevine has told me this car spent 3 years and drove 40,000 miles in the UK before heading out to Australia. At this mileage, it surely was driven in winter in snow and on salted roads so tin worm could well be present in many places for quite some time. I heard the underside of the car was pretty average from someone who was able to inspect it before stage 4 lockdown started. No doubt more info will emerge as the car sees the light of day after such a long storage.
                            I am no body expert but have seen a few in my day.

I got to check it out on a hoist and there was some minor flaking of the body deadner at the front of the front torsion bars but nothing that I have not seen before and I would describe the car as in remarkable condition and from what I could see rust free...battery boxes were 100%. Sure there was evidence of age on the removable parts but a blast and repaint would fix all that, the structural part of the body looked pretty damn good to me.

The cool parts were the books, keys and key tags plus all original carpet, seats dash etc etc had quite a bit on non original paint on the exterior though.

I think $325k for this car was crazy, sure it was a time warp of sorts but not $325k worth...except to the new owner and that is all that matters and good luck to him.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

I got to check it out on a hoist and there was some minor flaking of the body deadner at the front of the front torsion bars but nothing that I have not seen before and I would describe the car as in remarkable condition and from what I could see rust free...battery boxes were 100%. Sure there was evidence of age on the removable parts but a blast and repaint would fix all that, the structural part of the body looked pretty damn good to me.

The cool parts were the books, keys and key tags plus all original carpet, seats dash etc etc had quite a bit on non original paint on the exterior though.

I think $325k for this car was crazy, sure it was a time warp of sorts but not $325k worth...except to the new owner and that is all that matters and good luck to him.
                              Good summation Clyde, thank you. Seems some things (ie originality via books, og desirable colour, factory interior, factory seating position, factory engine etc) restoration can not correct and it is these that many buyers of the current day desire.

Interesting result!
                              Tom Laube
                              Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                              VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

And as I always say Clyde the purchaser may have plenty of money !!!! So $325K relative to their net worth may be paltry! As a kid growing up in Mont Albert it resided at KC Taylor the mechanics on the cnr of Whitehorse Rd & Victoria Ave - Was great to see it resurface

Comment

Working...
                                X