Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTS price reduction on 72 911E

Noticed CTS has dropped the price of the Sepia 1972 911E down to $99k

I think there were two Sepia brown E coupes delivered in 1972 out of a total of seven, mine was the other.
    Good to see at least one of them has enjoyed responsible stewardship through the years

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
      I think there were two Sepia brown E coupes delivered in 1972 out of a total of seven, mine was the other.
      Good to see at least one of them has enjoyed responsible stewardship through the years
      you are correct...and they were both sportos
      interesting that the current price on this is still less than it was at duttons in 2007 (90k) and again in 2010 (95k)
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
        you are correct...and they were both sportos
        interesting that the current price on this is still less than it was at duttons in 2007 (90k) and again in 2010 (95k)
        Hi Hugh,

Meaning that this car has been converted from Sporto?

Nick

Comment

Rarely full disclosure, even for $100K.

Comment

I thought the picture of the temp gauge gave it away as a Sporto but was not sure.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

sportos

there are not many of the sportos that came here that have not been converted. They are becoming quite rare although at the time a lot were delivered
              in 1970 7 out of the 37 T's delivered were sportos and 6 of the 20 E's (none of the S's)
              in 1971 15 of the 35 T's were sportos and 9 of the 17 E's and one S
              in 1972 6 of the 9 T's were sportos and 7 of the 18 E's and one S sporto was ordered but i dont have confirmation that it was delivered
              in 1973 6 T coupe and 5 targa T's out of the 26 t's ordered were sportos and for the E's 15 Coupes and 12 targas were sportos out of the 50 ordered and there were 2 S targas out of the 15 S's ordered

so in some years about 50% of the T's and E's were sporto. nowhere like that now though
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Pretty major detail for CTS to leave out... Surely conversion must go to value as well as history/ "provenence" ?

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                  Pretty major detail for CTS to leave out... Surely conversion must go to value as well as history/ "provenence" ?
                  They may not even know, although I think it was disclosed when duttons had it for sale in 2007. The fact it was a sporto is not evident from the chassis number or most other documentation apart from the order records (which I have). You can tell by gauges (if they have not been swapped out) and the engine and gearbox type numbers and serial numbers - if you know what to look for.
                  Hugh Hodges
                  1973 E
                  Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh,
                    Do you know anything about the light ivory 71 at duttons at the moment ?
                    Engine nbr 6310668
                    They're saying it is an E that was converted to an S by Hamiltons before it was delivered to the customer.
                    They have it at 139k but apparently still not officially for sale as they're waiting on certification from Porsche melb I think.
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickjames View Post
                      Hugh,
                      Do you know anything about the light ivory 71 at duttons at the moment ?
                      Engine nbr 6310668
                      They're saying it is an E that was converted to an S by Hamiltons before it was delivered to the customer.
                      They have it at 139k but apparently still not officially for sale as they're waiting on certification from Porsche melb I think.
                      Nick
                      Nick I am not at home at present. Will look when I get home. Do you have chassis number?
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I saw the sepia brown coupe at CTS 2" weeks ago, pretty rough around the edges needing a serious tidy up to justify the price tag IMHO
                        sigpicPhil Lack
                        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                        Early 911-S Registry # 690
                        R-Gruppe # 367
                        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by nickjames View Post
                          Hugh,
                          Do you know anything about the light ivory 71 at Duttons at the moment ?
                          Engine nbr 6310668
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          i have that car as the ex laurie O'neil car. On my records it shows the chassis number as 9111300391. I have it as originally delivered on 23 July 1971 to Dr Malcolm Nancarrow Fitzroy SA.

It has been discussed on this forum before when it was for sale at Bowden's in 2009.

It was Larry McFarlanes car for a while and this is what he posted at the time.
                          This car I think was an Adelaide car, in the early 90's when I found my 901 it was owned by the Porsche dealer here who bought it back from the original local owner. Both SA119 and this car were together on display at the dealers when, I think it was the 993's were launched, from memory.

It was registered SA965, I remember as I owned and sold SA964 around this time...that plate went on an Amazon Green 964 Turbo, a smokin hot car back then. The plate SA965 might even be under those plate covers in the picture today.

I'm pretty certain that in the mid 90's it was bought by the O'Neils in Sydney, $55k comes to mind as a sale price- huge money back then. I think it may have been presented for auction some time after this.

Yeah it is my car. Gary Rainsford from Chateau motors sold the car from new it was the first Porsche they sold he then bought the car back in 1988 and sold it again in 1993. I have all the history.

Larry Mc

I understand there has been some controversy about the car since Jeff has had it but when Bowdens were selling it it was described as the "best 2.2S in Australia at 43,000 miles from new and a price of almost $180K
                          Hugh Hodges
                          1973 E
                          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks Hugh. It's pretty much my ideal car in terms of model and colour. If someone could just help with the $140k that would be great

Comment

I can tell you all about that car Nick but not on this site.

I only recently heard the full story but have heard it from 3 different sources since then so I guess its not a secret!!!

contact me 0419 595813 if you really want to know
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X