Model Porsches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Porsches

I know that quite a number of people who frequent the board have a collection of model Porsches. I have used the excuse of trying out the new digital camera to take these photos of my Porsche models and post them.

who else has a collection? (models Clyde and Phil - not full sized ones :lol: )

This is three shots of one cabinet and the next post will have another shot of this cabinet to show some of the ones that were hard to see in these shots due to the angle and shot of another cabinet
    Attached Files
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

the rest of the pics and a "ring in" not quite a Porsche ops:
    Attached Files
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh,
      great collection :!: . Just curious - how do/did you stop your kids from getting your models? I guess the glass cases are for more than just show

Comment

I did not start until the kids were old enough not to play with them (although they have not shown much more than passing interest). the best thing about the glass cases is that you can have them out of the boxes to save space and they don't get dust etc all over them
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Very impressive!!

Hugh,
          fantastic display and range of cars, very jealous, let me know if you ever want to part with them all!!! Would be great for the new office!!
          I am sure it has taken a long time and considerable amount of money... swap a real one for all the models maybe
          I really like the way you have displayed them and the pictures behind and beside - very classy!!!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

That is truly an amazing collection!!!

Comment

Alex

thanks

DON'T TELL ANYONE how much they cost :shock:

That is not where the real cost is though - it is in all the Nicholas Watts prints and other posters etc that not only cost a lot but I don't have room to put up on the wall (only allowed to do it in the study :cry: )

I have attached a copy of a couple that are up on the wall as a tease
              Attached Files
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

car models

Hugh

Marvellous collection. Could be a club night around at your place for a play with them- that's if your mum will let you stay up late.

For those who are interested in models (racing Ferraris and Benz's - not Porsche) check this web site out.

They are made to order right here in Bentleigh. Don't all rush to buy one - I understand they take approx 6-12 months per car to construct and prices are around $20,000. However, the quality and attention to detail is impeccable - as you see in the photos. I believe also that the late George Harrison (from the Beatles for the really young ones) may have one or two in his collection.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Nice collection Hugh,

Just taken two shots of mine - not wonderful detail... but gives you the overall impression.... Now I just have to work out how to shrink them to an acceptable size for the board. :?

Not too many 18th scale cars... lovely as they are ... they take up too much bloody room! Mainly 43rd scale.

The 4 latest additions to the collection:
                  a Minichamps 3.0RS white / gold (just lovely)
                  996 VIP Supercup Car
                  a nice little 1968 910 from Kyosho
                  and off EvilBay a 908/2. The Tony Dean car , a privateer entry that actually won a round of the CanAm in 1971 or 1972

Justin R
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                  1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                  1961 356B #114700
                  Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Hugh,

That collection is incredible, oh how I envy you.

I was wondering when your collection would be posted Justin, that is also quite nice.

I will post some pics of my collection when I get a display cabinet big enough to put them all in. At the moment they are all in their boxes stashed away in two different rooms so as not to get in the way of everyone.

My latest pick ups were late last year:
                    Cayenne S 1:43 scale (50 were only made of this model for the cars press release, never sold by Porsche)
                    964 1:43 (Anniversary 925 Sterling silver model, this one I am never letting out of my site!!!)

I don't have a base of case for the 964, Justin do you know of anywhere I could get one made up to suit?

Comment

Justin

Craig is right! we want to see yours
                      that 910 is a nice model - and an under appreciated (almost forgotten) car.

i agree 1/18 cars take up too much space :cry: although some such as the exoto 934 and 935 I have are absolutely fantastic. ( so is the exoto 917 but I haven't been able to justify that one.

talking about 910's have a look at the range exoto have in 1/18 absolutely magic (if expensive!)

(i am not sure I can get the full link to work - you might have to copy and paste it onto browser)

We also need to tempt Marco to post details of his collection now that he has signed up for the board :wink:
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I was going to say Hugh, those two exoto's you have are great. I purchased last year the jagermeister set and the attention to detail of the Exoto models are just amazing.

Comment

Craig

yes i thought about the set but I have always liked the Martini 935's so I got one of those instead of the other Jagermeister 935 in the set. It is a bit hard to justify 2 exoto 935's :roll:
                          Hugh Hodges
                          1973 E
                          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I too couldn't resist the Exoto models... The Motorbox (a cheaper Exoto brand) 959 is also very good... and I just had to add one to the collection. :wink:

I have a std 934, and 'x-ray' 935 that ran at LeMans. It was "only $200" on special at Hobbyco (on the Pitt St Mall) about a year ago.

Craig - I have a few spare bases...

Justin R
                            Justin Reed
                            aka Reedminor
                            1961 356B #114700

Comment

Here we go Hugh / Craig,

My humble model collection.... not the best photo but something to start discussion with.

JR
                              Attached Files
                              Justin Reed
                              aka Reedminor
                              1961 356B #114700

Comment

Working...
                              X