Cams Kombi Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used a grinder to touch up paint?!!

Invest in a DA6 dual action polisher - nearly impossible to burn paint.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Here https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p..._polisher_das6

You've got enough projects and work to justify investing in a quality polisher...
      John Forcier
      Restoration Saga

Comment

I also picked up one of these on Gumtree for only $100 (needed a backing plate). Amazingly good...

John Forcier
        Restoration Saga

Comment

I reckon you are turning it into a hotrod with an adjustable torsion bar. Seriously Cam cannot believe how bad that thing was and how good it is now looking. It was the sort of thing we used to use to sight the rifle scopes in all those years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            You used a grinder to touch up paint?!!

Invest in a DA6 dual action polisher - nearly impossible to burn paint.
            Ha! I have a mate in Borroloola who uses the angle grinder to take the callouses of his heels. Brilliant work Cam. Getting it done in the 'cooler' weather.

Comment

Warming up again now Merv the weather is just starting to turn. Been trying to get as much done as possible before it gets really hot & humid as it gets bloody hot in a Tyvec suit face mask and goggles in mid 30'sC weather & high humidity…….

No John I did not use a grinder to touch up paint, the inside is not painted yet…….Geez give me some credit

Neville no hotrod themes here mate, strictly utilitarian no lowering going on, I wouldn't be able to stuff these in
              Attached Files
              Last edited by CamBiscuit; 27-08-15, 11:56 PM.
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

stunning... what color for the end result? and whats her name?

oh and if you get bored or can't be bothered ... audi vw will finish it for you at their "works facility for kombi restorations in germany" ...
                Attached Files
                [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Long way to send it Mario!

Roof repair sorted.

I can also say for a fact there is a lot of primer, sanding, wiping and paint that goes into getting the interior of a splitty painted! Big weekend in the shed before I fly out to Rennsport tomorrow.

Oh and I got a good lead on another splitty in the bush during the week It will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can get out to see if its still there…..
                  Attached Files
                  Cam Arnott
                  1970 911E (Sold)
                  2 x Split Screen Kombis
                  TYP 901 Register # 78
                  Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Off to the 'bush' car yard? I know a guy who has done 5 Valiant Chargers he found out there.

Comment

Splitty in the bush! Shhhhhhhh. They will hear
                      Last edited by Cairns888; 21-09-15, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Nice work Cam!

See you tomorrow.
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

Just an update to say that I've just sold this one…..After 3 1/2 years of spending every weekend and many weeknights in the shed I hit the wall!
                          I was looking at another 6-12 months to finish it off and frankly wanted to be driving something for a change, not working on it….Another big factor was that I have long service leave this year and I'm planning a road trip down the east coast in a splitty. I didn't want to have to flog myself to death to try to get the thing done in time…..
                          I think I achieved a lot and certainly taught myself a lot of new skills, as well as being good therapy for getting through a divorce ! Most importantly other than a little twinge of regret I'm actually rather relieved.
                          I'll start a thread on the splitty I scored in a part trade for the 911 in due course Its already on the road but will still give me something to play with to make it mine.
                          Cam Arnott
                          1970 911E (Sold)
                          2 x Split Screen Kombis
                          TYP 901 Register # 78
                          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
                            Just an update to say that I've just sold this one…..After 3 1/2 years of spending every weekend and many weeknights in the shed I hit the wall!
                            I was looking at another 6-12 months to finish it off and frankly wanted to be driving something for a change, not working on it….Another big factor was that I have long service leave this year and I'm planning a road trip down the east coast in a splitty. I didn't want to have to flog myself to death to try to get the thing done in time…..
                            I think I achieved a lot and certainly taught myself a lot of new skills, as well as being good therapy for getting through a divorce ! Most importantly other than a little twinge of regret I'm actually rather relieved.
                            I'll start a thread on the splitty I scored in a part trade for the 911 in due course Its already on the road but will still give me something to play with to make it mine.
                            Sounds like a solid plan Cam, well done!

I hope the new owner will continue the great work you have put into this splitty.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Doing Valla Beach?
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

Sounds great mate. Tag along on the Sunny Coast - Valla convoy. You should fly up John. I have a car for you to drive down.

Comment

Working...
                                X