No announcement yet.

New purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 12 months of searching I have finally made contact with Rod Quinn, son of Graeme, the last Victorian owner of this car. Graeme and his wife Jane were sadly both deceased so I needed an executor to assign the rights to the original Victorian number plates which were LAD 777. The LAD was for Lyndon Albert Duckett and the 777 was because Lyndon had a thing about 3's apparently

Owned 3 Alfas

3 x 7's in this number plate

3 x 7 = 21 (2 + 1 = 3

Lyndon was very influencial in the pre war and post war sports car scene, as was Graeme Quin, as owner of the F1 Arani TYP 35 Bugatti. Lyndon was a close friend and competitor of Lex Davidson
    and his city storage was found to be a real treasure trove of cars when the estate was being wound up.

Rod Quin sent me pics his father had saved of the day they inspected the car

It had 500 miles on the odometer in 2003 never driven on a road was on blocks and run monthly by Lyndons mechanic.

I had dinner with Rod last night, he is a real car guy too, with a great selection including Alfas, Ferraris, Fraser Nash and many more Rod employs the 3rd owner Andrew Murray who is very influencial and knowledgable in the Alfa scene having owned more than 100 Alfas in his lifetime.

The upshot is today I successfully ordered Vic Plates LAD 777 to help return the Alfa closer to its original state

Pics are of the car as found in 2003 in the centre of the city in an old dingy warehouse plus a note from Graeme Quinn documenting the mileage at the time.

Lastly a photo from a week or so ago 2017-05-01 21.44.23.jpg2017-05-01 21.44.41.jpgindex.jpg2017-05-01 21.44.47.jpg2017-04-17 12.26.11.jpg
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Next thing is to change the wheels back to the original steels with stainless centre trims

I have the wheels just need to get them restored and I found some NOS trims.

I contacted the owner in Sydney from whom I bought the car

In another twist with this car he now owns my old 1973 Gemini Blue 2.4S and recognised my name from the book full of receipts he got with the car.

Car world is certainly a small one as Rod Quinn knows David Belford and Mark Johnson very well.

All the time I was searching for him he was right under my nose!!
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President

Comment

some other histor 1CJS533 Perth Dec 2006.jpgAlfa 1CJS533 Andrew Murray.jpg2017-05-03 22.26.17.jpg ical pics
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Normally I'm blasé when it comes to the back story on cars but this one is a beauty.
          Well done.

Comment

An Alfa 105 series 2L was my first classic car in the early 2000's, great cars, wish I'd kept mine...

Comment

Great news with number plates.
              Peter D

TYP901# 233
              911T Coupe 68
              911E Targa 73
              911E Coupe 72 (sold)
              1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

The story started about the car but the interest is really in the people who owned the car particularly owners1, 2 and 3
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

2017-05-29 14.14.32.jpg
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Working...