2008 PI Regularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shots Peter & Phil

Sometimes wish I lived a little closer.......
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

nice work lads, well done.

Comment

First up, many thanks to Alex for organising our participation in the event and the many hours invested in dealing with the logistics of ensuring it all came together on the Saturday, as well as the peripherals such as stickers etc. From a team perspective it’s pretty hard to imagine how the event could have run smoother. Thanks also to those who volunteered their time to manage teams, time, refuel cars and ensure the event happened over the 2 days, including Spencer who was very generous with his time, expertise and tools. Finally, thanks to Brett for putting us up on the Saturday night, without which we would never have found out how Andrew V entertains himself with fish, when away from his wife. ‘What happens on tour stays on tour....’
        As a PI virgin I have to say this event, though daunting, is a huge rush. I would strongly recommend anyone who’s sat on the sidelines with a desire to get involved as a driver, to do it. Yes there’s the little issue of 50 other cars on the track at the same time as you, but unlike a lot of track days there’s a huge wealth of advice to plug into. Marcus’s advice on lines into corners and Alex’s comments on throttle steering (which was invaluable in the wet) eased my information overload as a newby on the track. Nice also be surrounded by guys who know these cars so well; accordingly I now know not to head out onto a track with less than a 1/3 of a tank of fuel. Too many highlights to relate at this stage though heading down the main straight @ much better than 200kph, whilst it was bucketing with rain and less than 50m visibility is right up there with them.
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Well done boys, very professional outfit. Mr Webster once again you have shamed the Sydney boys...

Comment

Great effort from everyone! thanks for the pictures. Us Sydneysiders are starting to look lame...

Comment

Great to see everyone enjoyed it.

It was a pleasure to organise it, however i may have to have some assistance next year if we have more than the 3 teams that we had this year! Given the response this year and the guys that pulled out want to do it next year, I am sure that 3-4 teams will not be hard to fill. I anticipate asking all those that competed this year to give me their details so that I can start a spreadsheet so that entries in the future can be filled in quickly and sent off to ensure we get in early!

I have photos (only a few) but will post when I get back from Bali (leave in the morning!).

We need some helpers for the 6 hour at Winton in October if anyone is keen?!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Might just take a run down Alex. What are the dates ????

Comment

24/25 October - we have room for accom in Euroa if you want to stay overnight

Should be a hoot - I have to admit though, this is not a strictly 901 team, with 2 x Alfa's and 2 x 901's!
                  Alex Webster
                  A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

*****EXCELLENT EVENT*******

Thanks Heaps for the opportunity to be involved and I am sorry that I wasn't able to finish the event. As it turns out I picked up a stone from when that Doosh Bag in the Lotus went off the track which resulted in the rear main seal exploding!!

I'd like to give a thank you to the following people;

ALEX - Thanks for a really well run event. I'm so glad that I got so many laps in at a track that I had not driven before. Your driving tips where spot on, everything was organised exceptionally well and I can't wait for the next event. I'm in for sure! PS - I have a load of shirts that need ironing....... Any chance that you can come and collect them tomorrow???

TIERNEY - Thanks Heaps for supplying the fuel which was a big effort, I loved your commentary the whole weekend which kept me laughing. I look forward to catching up with you soon. Perhaps on that table we booked for the 50 at Bells???

ANDREW - The cruisiest team manager alive. Thanks for keeping all of our ducks in line and sorry again for not finishing!

JASON - For being my designated taxi driver, expert comments on Who's Who... and What's what's. PS - Your car looks hot!!

SPENCER - Thanks for your advice on my wounded little blue mobile.

MARCUS - Thanks for a cracking Saturday night. It was great to catch up after 4 years and I'm glad that we did.

STEWART & IAN - Thanks for owning 2 beautiful examples of Porsche history.

BRETT - Thanks for the Beers, the offer for the caravan lodging and helping with the whole weekend. You Rock!

RICH - Thanks for being my Petrol Pump Assistant every 25 minutes!! Plus a little ironing.....

PAUL W & TONY R - Thanks for understanding about my wheels.

PETER - Thanks for helping out. KYJ!

SIMON - Thanks for your indepth advice on purchasing a truck and obtaining a truck driver's license. Plus all of the other Porsche info on the weekend.

I look forward to catching up with you all very soon.

Regards

Aaron

Comment

So, Sydneyrsiders, are any of you coming down to play next year ? This is such a great club event, its a permanent fixture on the TYP901 calendar.

Are there any 6 hour events in Sydney that you locals can participate in ? We probably have a pro management team that could be convinced to head north for a weekend , plus no doubt, some others wanting a drive at a different track.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by IXXI72 View Post
                        Few more photo's - Can't make my thumbnails any bigger than this size??
                        Marcus
                        Great photos - especially the ones on the wet track.

Tips for posting full size photos.

1.Download "Picasa 2" from the web - it's a free Google product. (creates albums, has ability to enhance/crop photos to your preference etc - a great product for digiatal photos)

Import your photos from camera/computer into Picasa.

Using "export" function, copy photos into "Picasa Exports". This reduces file size sufficient for posting on this site.

...................if I can do it, anyone can.
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901
                        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by IXXI72 View Post
                          Few more photo's - Can't make my thumbnails any bigger than this size??
                          Marcus
                          Great photos - especially the ones on the wet track.

Tips for posting full size photos.

1. Download "Picasa 2" from the web - it's a free Google product. (creates albums, has ability to enhance/crop photos to your preference etc - a great product for digiatal photos)

2. Import your photos from camera/computer into Picasa.

3. Using "export" function, copy photos into "Picasa Exports". This reduces file size sufficient for posting on this site.

...................if I can do it, anyone can.
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901

Comment

............to be sure, to be sure
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901

Comment

Are there any 6 hour events in Sydney that you locals can participate in ?

Yep, the AROCA 6 hour at Eastern Creek is basically the same event. Did it a few times maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Good fun. We got as high as 2nd from memory, mini's win it nearly every year...

Comment

Working...
                              X