No announcement yet.

2008 PI Regularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't make it either tonight - although you've probably guessed by now haven't you.
    Marcus
    TYP901 Member #81
    1972 911E

Comment

No problems Marcus!

Okay - documentation is pretty much done.

Only a few outstanding items:

Paul Wischer - needs to sign the entry form - can be done Saturday
      Hung - Needs to show his log book
      Spencer - needs to show his licence and club membership, and letter from PPC saying he can use CRC (Alex will provide)
      Marcus Hancock - needs to show his licence and club membership

I have all the Scrutineering forms for all the cars. So see me Saturday morning to get them.

Team Managers
      You need to get all the drivers wrist bands and Dorians (for those that don't have - Dorians that is) first thing Sat morning. Please ensure that you are there early. Gates open at 7am.

For those taht are down on Friday night, we have a reservation at 8pm at the Isle of White (the one of the left heading to the beach - not the pub on the right! - I may have the name wrong!) in Cowes. All welcome. Booking is for 8 people at this stage.

See you Friday night.

Brett what time are you getting down there?
      Last edited by alexwebster; 27-08-08, 10:20 AM.
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Alex headin down Friday afternoon so call and I'll meet you at the track.

Comment

marcus and i are heading down friday arvo-ish. should be there for dinner!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Quick question - should I bring the tents down? Is it worth it?

They are out and ready to go, but did not know if it was worthwhile since we have three garages?

Opinions please!!!
            Alex Webster

Comment

FWIW, I wouldn't bother, even if it's bucketing down, only 1 car need be outside (per team), & remember what happened to our "neighbours" Mustang last year?

Have fun,
              Jappy
              MichaelJapp
              71E
              Typ901 #065
              EarlyS #798

Comment

true - anyone else mind if they are not down there?
                Alex Webster

Comment

Some pics from Saturday. Club member Ian Henderson took the London-Sydney Marathon car out for a spin, minus all the roo bars. I hardly recognised it !

The guys had gone to a lot of trouble presenting their cars, themselves and the Club in a very professional manner. It was great to see 3 garages full of early 911's !
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Well the event has been run and won, but not by us!

Thanks to all the drivers and pit crew that helped out over the weekend. It was another great event, however weather once again proved to be an issue. It was fine, then it poured, then fine again, the more rain, then fine again. Typical!

Sour notes were Hung who did his motor on Saturday - looks like it was running too lean and it broke a spark plug end.

Aaron did a rear main seal and had to retire after his first stint on Sunday - up until then he was going really well.

A couple of niggles - Jason's brake lights weren't working - but he fixed that quickly. Mark had his oil overfilled and had to clean up the blow by! Spencer had the tacho of CRC stop working, but he also fixed that in quick time! Paul had fuel surge - so we filled his tank to the brim and fixed the problem.

We looked the part, we had a great team, and the colours of the cars looked brilliant together!

Looked like the team of old Mini's won, but I can't confirm that yet.

Bring on 2009!
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Sour notes were Hung who did his motor on Saturday
                      dejavu

Mark had his oil overfilled and had to clean up the blow by
                      dejavu
                      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Hung, have you bought Dempsey's engine rebuilding book yet? I can't believe your luck!
                        MichaelJapp
                        71E
                        Typ901 #065
                        EarlyS #798

Comment

I work in fianancial market I don't believe in luck.
                          I have the Dempsey book, I may need to borrow Fishcop tools
                          GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Some of my shots on the Saturday .......... had no time on Sunday, although I'm sure there'll be some of the racing shots posted by others.

The truck in one shot is Simon Froude's new transporter with lift.
                            (Simon in blue chatting cars (or finance/business) with Hung in black/yellow)
                            Simon's car is 37D - Team#3

Of course the old F100 is Alex's tow car - seemed to attract more attention than our TYP901's.
                            Attached Files
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901
                            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Some of Hendo and his restored Porsche factory prepared London/Sydney car - less the roo bars. (or are they Safeway carpark bars?)
                              Attached Files
                              Peter Williams #049
                              Secretary TYP901

Comment

......and a few more.

(PS Due to the Fairfax strike, Brett was unable to obtain a copy of Saturdays Age - so no photos of him)

On behalf of all drivers and pit crew I must give a big thank-you to Alex Webster for his enthusiasm and organisational skills in once again, for the 3rd time, putting three TYP901 teams together and on the track for this event. The TYP901 personalised car numbers and the banners over the pits he arranged were fantastic. We were again by far the best presented team - our cars were presented beautifully - as seen in the photos.
                                Although we were not as successful on the track as hoped, we all had a great time and I believe friendships between Club members were strengthened. It was also great to see relatively new members Aaron and Simon, (who are obviously serious race drivers) compete in the spirit of the event and both had an enjoyable time. Great also to see Paul Wischer competing for the first time - and really having the balls, er sorry, that should be having a ball.
                                And finally, thanks to Brett for once again making his house available for about 6-8 beer swilling, roudy TYP901ers............fortunately I stayed with Hung and his family in a mansion overlooking the surf on Smiths Beach.
                                Attached Files
                                Peter Williams #049
                                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                                X