TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early 911's and parts starting to dry up in USA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul I definately have 2 rears that are OK if that helps but you can still by them (rears) new from PCA
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
      Found one of Lars cool car
      Thanks Clyde. Thats the color! Looks great on that car.

Yes, the mirrors are repros but hey ... if you're looking backwards your going too slow! They'll look the ducks.

Thanks for the lead on the trim. Its all there save for the chrome bit at the top. If necessary, I'll have a go at fabricating something.

I'm getting the 6" Fuchs back this week freshly painted and polished so will post some photos this weekend if I can work out how to do it.

Comment

Welcome to the group Sven. I note you have a grey beige 73E. Is this the one recently for sale at The Healey Factory ? You mention its LHD in yr description of the car in an earlier post. I presume its still LHD ?

Regarding carpets, (and if your car was ex Healey Factory) I viewed the pics of this car and I doubt Auto Insternational Inc will have that colour available. With my other GTS Classics hat on, I work with them and sell some of their carpets out here. I was after the same colour as your interior but they ony have a lighter Tan colour available. I have just asked them if they have a darker colour now via email, but dont hold yr breathe.

You may be better trying to source a locally supplied carpet but dont expect to get the exact same style or colour and certianly not the same backing material.

It depends on how anal you are about originality (as some people on this board are accused of being - no names !) but trying to get the similar thread count and length plus trim and backing is virtually impossible.

You could try Sitzklinik in Germany - where Classic Porsche buy their materials from for their own restos, but they only have stuff thats close - and very $$$$$ive.

see: http://www.sitzklinik.de/

Below are some pics of Lars' car from R Gruppe Treffen 2006. Thats Clyde coverting a beutiful green Targa with Lars's car to his left. Other pics show the rare and original paint plus real leather sports seats, again in a rare colour. Definitely a unique colour car to preserve.

Regarding your quesiton about the possibility of having S cams in your 2.4E engine, I have them in my 72E coupe and feel they are noticeable once you ge past 5000 rpm (just like a real S engine) where the car gets up and goes somewhat more noticeably than a std 2.4E motor. Not sure how prevalent that mod was to these E motors but I like the eprfromance you get without losing the low down torque of the motor, unlike an S, which thrives on revs and needs to be driven harder. (No doubt some S drivers will chime in here?).

Anyway, hopefully we can have another run soon where we can get to meet some of the new members and see some new cars.
        Attached Files
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Welcome to the group Sven. I note you have a grey beige 73E. Is this the one recently for sale at The Healey Factory ? You mention its LHD in yr description of the car in an earlier post. I presume its still LHD ?

Regarding carpets, (and if your car was ex Healey Factory) I viewed the pics of this car and I doubt Auto Insternational Inc will have that colour available. With my other GTS Classics hat on, I work with them and sell some of their carpets out here. I was after the same colour as your interior but they ony have a lighter Tan colour available. I have just asked them if they have a darker colour now via email, but dont hold yr breathe.

You may be better trying to source a locally supplied carpet but dont expect to get the exact same style or colour and certianly not the same backing material.

It depends on how anal you are about originality (as some people on this board are accused of being - no names !) but trying to get the similar thread count and length plus trim and backing is virtually impossible.

You could try Sitzklinik in Germany - where Classic Porsche buy their materials from for their own restos, but they only have stuff thats close - and very $$$$$ive.

see: http://www.sitzklinik.de/

Below are some pics of Lars' car from R Gruppe Treffen 2006. Thats Clyde coverting a beutiful green Targa with Lars's car to his left. Other pics show the rare and original paint plus real leather sports seats, again in a rare colour. Definitely a unique colour car to preserve.

Regarding your quesiton about the possibility of having S cams in your 2.4E engine, I have them in my 72E coupe and feel they are noticeable once you ge past 5000 rpm (just like a real S engine) where the car gets up and goes somewhat more noticeably than a std 2.4E motor. Not sure how prevalent that mod was to these E motors but I like the eprfromance you get without losing the low down torque of the motor, unlike an S, which thrives on revs and needs to be driven harder. (No doubt some S drivers will chime in here?).

Anyway, hopefully we can have another run soon where we can get to meet some of the new members and see some new cars.
          Thanks Phil,

Nice to be a part of this.

Yes, its the car that the Healey Factory were selling. Still LHD and will stay so. the paint on this car is not original as its had a spray job but the colour is right.

I have made contact with Auto International and they have said they can send samples but I think I'll go local as suggested. Mine has standard seats in the same shade of leather. Leather is in very good condition.

There are such things as thread counts? How much time does that give you? I'll try and stay true to the original but not slavish about it. I'm a bit of a fan of the R Gruppe theme. I'm also known for my propensity to "develop" cars. Once had a white 85 G series that scared Mk1 GT3's in a striaght line. C2 fuel injection, MoTec and 3.4 pistons and barrels with other black magic. It was the original million $ baby!

It could have cams as after about 5000 it surges to the limiter. Perhaps at next refresh I'll find out when we measure the profiles. I drove it into Melbourne and back as I try and do at leat twice a week (100 km round trip) and revved it to death at every opportinity. Sweet sound.

I'll be at the next run. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Comment

and with the USD now above A$0.98... things get even better for buying from the USA!!!
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Sven, just to tmept you a bit more, check out these tan sports seats for sale on the Early 911S registry site:

As Rich says, with a strong dollar, these are quite affordable and would emulate those in Lars' car from the USA.

PS: sorry if your wife reads this Forum too.......

Early 911's - its a disease.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Sven, just to tmept you a bit more, check out these tan sports seats for sale on the Early 911S registry site:

As Rich says, with a strong dollar, these are quite affordable and would emulate those in Lars' car from the USA.

Not fair. Its a disease I've had for a long time. Just getting various strains now.

No my wife doesn't read it but does all the books and is now used to the outpouring of $ on all things Porsche ...

They look fantastic and are exactly the right color.

Normally I'd ask someone to talk me down but I sense that no-one here will do anything other than add fuel to the fire.

5 large? Give me time to dream up a rationalisation ...

Comment

You'll not be surprised to hear I just sent an enquiry email to the seller.

Nice one Phil ...

Comment

They are cheap as chips believe it or not

Hurrry and buy them before I do
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Panel Beating up date. I visited the car today and the repairer has successfully sourced chrome wheel arch trims. However he showed me the front guard he proposed to use and it was a piece of rusting crap. He claims APorsche Apart sent to him and proposed to charge about $1100! I told him I didn't want it. He agreed his procurement person should have sent it back.

Any one bought a front right guard who wishes to share their experience?
                      Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

You've got it bad Sven good to hear!!! freights the killer they way a bloody ton. We will all chip in and help you spend your money.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

You should contact Jason at Chequered Flag (Forum Sponsor) as he has a good handle on these sort of things and knows where to find good ones.
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Originally posted by 901Porker View Post
                            You'll not be surprised to hear I just sent an enquiry email to the seller.

Nice one Phil ...
                            Hi Sven,

sorry to distract you with these but Sports seats in this colour rarely come up for sale. Usually they are always black.

Not sure what your freight logistics contacts are like in the USA but several forum members here have good connections and I have just set up International economy rates with FEDEX (we ship Fedex every week ex Colorado) which may help out.

Unfortunately, Sports seats weigh a lot and a pair could weigh in at 60 + kgs (with tilt frames).

Anyway, let us know if you get them and we can hopefully assist with freight. The Aussie $ is way too good at present not to stock up with bits out of the USA. I am shopping at Stoddards this week !
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            R-Gruppe # 367
                            '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Further to Phil's comment re the Aussie$, I'm about to order some bits from the US.

Anyone care to comment on the service/quality from Stoddards or Pelican? In particular, merits of non-genuine indicator lenses and body rubbers etc.

Cheers
                              Jeff
                              Jeff Eelkema
                              TYP 901 #132
                              S-Reg #1431
                              69E (project)
                              various bevel Ducatis
                              60s Vespa

Comment

Stoddars stuff is fine and delivery is excellent. Can be trusted for sure. Pelican is also good. Not sure of their delivery standards.
                                sigpicPhil Lack
                                R-Gruppe # 367
                                '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Working...
                                X