No announcement yet.

Wiring question rear fuse panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car did not come with a small screw in cover for the engine fuses and they were numbered with one at the top. There also is evidence of glue on my cover- where newer covers have embossed fuse details. (Hard to see in this pic, sorry.) Maybe one of the previous owners/mechanics modified it?

eng panel covers.jpg
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Upon removing my 72 cover mine also appears to have had something stuck there Bill. Will have to investigate further. 2021-05-23 10.33.13.jpg

Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I love the way that both our covers have dodgy looking holes drilled for the top screw.....

My Mate Ray (has an Oz delivered 75) could not believe my matt cover was original. I also note that both covers, above, have no Porsche part numbers on them.
        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
          My car did not come with a small screw in cover for the engine fuses and they were numbered with one at the top.
          If you have a multimeter handy and a few spare minutes I’d love to know which connections are bussed together.. need to remove the fuses to determine this.
          '97 993 - new toy
          '95 993 - on the chopping block
          '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

Interestingly my 1972T has the original paper fuse directions for amperage and function intact. Nev

Comment

Hi Nev,. Do you mean on the panel cover or the small fuse cover? Photo?

Gavin, the right side of Fuse 1 and 2 are joined together on mine. (As per all of the wiring diagrams.)
              Last edited by 72_sporto; 23-05-21, 04:19 PM.
              Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

on the large panel cover

Comment

Gavin, the right side of Fuse 1 and 2 are joined together on mine. (As per all of the wiring diagrams.)
                  The right side (in my install anyway, but I believe is the same on other cars per my investigations) is the load (ie the thing being protected by the fuse) so it doesn’t make sense for 1&2 on the load side to be bussed - that would basically bypass the fuse for #2. The schematics don’t have any meaning in terms of left/right as far as the physical orientation goes - the schematic shows the line on the right. Does sound like yours may have been flipped, and unless the load/line wiring has been reversed may not be functioning as it should…
                  '97 993 - new toy
                  '95 993 - on the chopping block
                  '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

Bill here is the pic. Nev
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks for posting Nev! Looks like my fuse block is the wrong way up..... Soon fixed.
                      Last edited by 72_sporto; 24-05-21, 03:07 PM.
                      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

For those interested there is a reasonable copy of the label here-
                        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

For those interested there is a reasonable copy of the label here-
                          http://content.us.porsche-clubs.pors...xLabels911.pdf
                          Good find Bill, I found this in the 1972 owners manual

2021-05-23 13.44.55.jpg
                          Last edited by Terminator; 24-05-21, 08:57 PM.
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

I made one even manage to age the paper a little can I have the rough dimensions please Neville to see if I got close

2021-05-24 20.54.15.jpg
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Hi Clyde I have roughly checked your version for accuracy and it seems the spelling is pretty spot on. The label on my car is very close to 62mm wide x 58mm deep. The border is not perfect being set in about 2.5mm at the top and bottom and roughly 2mm on the sides. It is on paper not card. There does not seem to be an outside black border at all.
                              Cheers Nev

Comment

I should also say the outside border is proportionally approximately 58mm wide x 54mm deep

Comment

Working...
                                X