No announcement yet.

latest thoughts on batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard, you can buy a rubber terminal cover set(red and black) from an auto shop fpr less than $10 and cheap insurance.
    Cheers Paul M

Comment

Well, next stage - looks like the second battery strap had been hacked a bit, so used it as a donor to make a shorter strap for the full river battery.

doesn't look too bad I think.

Now need to sort out some of those wires!

Attached Files
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Oh, and at some point I think I need to neaten up the top strap as well, which has an obvious weld/repair in it...
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

A bit of black paint and it will look brand new!

Comment

Yeah, ideally I'll pull it out and neaten up the welding with the die grinder... But I think the strap is welded to the battery box as well... So might have to do it in situ...
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
              I went the other way and bought two new Bosch batteries of the correct size ($374 for two) which is not bad since the last ones were bought in Jan 2015
              IMG_1455.jpg
              Where did you buy them from and what exact model please?

Comment

I got the fitted when the car was being serviced at Spyder Automobiles at the end of last year - I am not sure what Model they are - I cant find a number on them ( i presume there is something if I pull it out completely) but anyone who stocks Bosch things (or Bosch itself here) should be able to say what the type number is for an early 911. The type is "SM mega power plus" and the photo of one of them in my car is below
                .. It MIGHT be this one from the Bosch website but I am not certain aaaa.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks! Purchase 2 from here: https://mightybatteries.com.au/index...00cca-battery/

Comment

Working...
                  X