Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, chassis number is 9110100928. From what I was told from the previous owner, the one before him imported it from USA in 1997 and it has been sitting dormat without its drivetrain since then.

I've been told since Porsche no longer hands out the COA unless you have the engine number, I'm not holding my breath for the original engine, but I do plan to install a period 2.2T motor in there.

The plan is a full strip and a full resto from bare metal. Unfortunately I'm not flush with cash so you can expect this resto to take a long while as I tackle it in stages...

Comment

Have been waiting for your first post. Welcome aboard Vinny!!

Cheers
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

Welcome Vinny
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Welcome Vinny.
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hey Vinny, welcome aboard. Plenty of us here have been thru the resto saga and you will find the knowledge, info and encouragement on this Forum is well worth the membership price alone.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will be tackling my 1954 Oval project first before I sink my teeth into the 911. I plan to have the VW finished by the start of next year, but its never too early to start researching about the other toy.

I will be getting a rebuilt Wevo gearbox in the next month as part of a car trade agreement, so I'll need some insight from current owners about gear ratios and options. I'll leave that for a separate thread later.

Comment

Welcome Vinny. You and Jim will have common interests on the Oval/VW front.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnytang View Post
                  Thanks everyone, I will be tackling my 1954 Oval project first before I sink my teeth into the 911. I plan to have the VW finished by the start of next year, but its never too early to start researching about the other toy.

I will be getting a rebuilt Wevo gearbox in the next month as part of a car trade agreement, so I'll need some insight from current owners about gear ratios and options. I'll leave that for a separate thread later.
                  Vinny
                  We met when I flew to Melbourne to look at your '54 about 6 years ago.
                  Long time no speak, and glad you held onto it!
                  Welcome aboard.
                  Ben.

Comment

Hey mate,

No that one you looked at ended up selling not long after listing. People are starting to catch on with the early VWs too, last I heard it got sold for double what I let it go for!

This new one is a new project, one of the first 400 Beetles built in Australia. Unfortunately not matching numbers like the last one.

Comment

The "new" oval sounds great - good luck with the resto and look forward to seeing progress on the Porsche.

Comment

Whilst talking early Beetles, here is mine- an early '55 (ribbed door) model that has been in the family since 1957 and was just featured in VWMA magazine post its resto!
                        Attached Files
                        Craig Sedgman
                        914/6 GT Clone Project
                        996 C2.1

Comment

Cool as.
                          Please explain ribbed door?

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
                            Cool as.
                            Please explain ribbed door?
                            I think they're intended to heighten driving pleasure...
                            Mark Munro
                            '69 911T (sold)
                            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                            '69 MG Midget Group S car
                            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Ahh, a Melbourne thing.

Comment

Originally posted by markymark_1968 View Post
                                I think they're intended to heighten driving pleasure...
                                ROTFL. Very good.

Ribbed-inside door panel I gather. Looking at those door handles, I am reminded of the long list of VW-Porsche 356 interchangeable parts on the Registry.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X