Attwood driving training day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attwood driving training day

First of all a BIG thanks to Lisa, Clyde and all the other guys that put effort into putting this day together, it was a great fun day.

Sooooo here are the first pics of Andrew in action....
    Attached Files

Three wheels are faster than four
    Attached Files

Comment

All cones must die!
      Attached Files

Comment

LOL Darren!!! Andrew was having a BIG go...as were quite a few today !

What a great day! Well, I thought it was anyway.... .

Phil - wish you had been able to stay for the afternoon - you missed the real fun! I also wish I knew which bloody button to choose on the new camera for video as I would have loved to have shown you guys how much you all improved from one run to the next in the arvo...

Jeff Thomas and James Caldrow from PCV did a marvellous job, as did all our driver trainers; Mike, Mark, Alex, Ryan and Ken Price (PCV). The only low was that Ken's MGF broke on the skidpan and went home on a flat tray...

I think (?) I have some good pics...hopefully I'll load some tonight to add to the bunch that should be going up (hint, hint all you guys!)

Thanks a bunch guys (and gals)...you made it fun! I promise I'll type up the times sheet from the afternoon and post results and also email to Clyde for posterity.

Cheers,
        Lisa

Comment

No rush with the timesheet Lisa - it's not really that important!! Although I thnk I might have been the quickest car with 14" wheels - is that a class??
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

here's a few more pics taken at scrutineering. Also Darren Sharps car made its first club outing appearance. great colour scheme !
            Attached Files
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

A glorious Melbourne morning (Cameron).

All ready........and away we go.....
              Attached Files
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Grouped for the skid-pan.

Sway bars next on the shopping list Andrew V?

Andrew P looking nice up the hill towards the finish.
                Attached Files
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

So...first up we all get cosy in the classroom with a hot coffee...and then the theory session begins with scrutineering requirements, driving etiquette, flags, threshold braking, late/early apex diagrams etc etc...with a coffee break and a trip outside for scrutineering; lots of good tips from our presenters Jeff, Ken and Mark.

The comes the first 'exercise' in threshold braking... a run slightly uphill, the course dampened (by bucket!) at the strategic place; two garages made from witches hats with a hat at the end of each...Jeff directing at the last possible moment which garage each driver had to enter. The task - stop in the correct garage; do not dislodge witches hats for they signify the child/children who have run out in front of you! Do not touch the kid(s)!!! Yeah....well....see the pics in my next post!

Comment

Clyde in someone elses's RS.

It survived the day (just) now it's got to survive the ocean voyage!!
                    Attached Files
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

Keep your kids outa our way!!!

Hmmmm...... :shock:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks also to Alex and Ryan who set up the next braking test...this one was downhill and the aim of the exercise was to avoid a collision with a slower/stopped car in front...and pull up in the garage. The pics Darren posted of Andrew were of this exercise...here's one of Cindy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lovely photos gang, what a great looking bunch of cars.....

Darren, I think you take the prize (IMHO), looks great!

It looks like a few folk were pushing pretty hard at finding their cars limits! :shock:
                          Cam Arnott
                          Looking for engine #6208151
                          1970 911E (Sold)
                          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                          2 x Split Screen Kombis
                          TYP 901 Register # 78
                          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

T'was truly a great day... and I wasn't even driving!

I have a roughly edited movie about 50mb... so if anyone has some webspace to host it... I could skype it to you...

Cheers

Rich
                            Richard Griffiths
                            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

AND...thanks also to our volunteers for the day; Rich and Phil ...

Now Brett had a fairly spectacular lose on the "dodge the car" brake test...no harm done and limits noted :wink: !

But did he redeem himself in the handbrake test - YES!!! Brett the handbrakie king :lol: ! Ken explained the finer points of handbrake turns with Mark and the drivers were let loose to give it a go.

Here's Brett midway through executing a good one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X