No announcement yet.

Attwood driving training day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... or I could stick it up on www.youtube.com...

Rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Didn't work Richard.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde...I thought it was me ops: ...not working here either Rich :?

Comment

Is this "driving like you stole it"?
          but maybe he did...
          Attached Files
          MichaelJapp
          71E
          Typ901 #065
          EarlyS #798

Comment

Thanks for a great day, more threshold braking practice on the way home, it must have been the practice that prevented some roos from trying to open my bonnet!! (yes Clyde, it's still down). We'll have to do that again, drive - not "tweek" my latch.

cheers
            Michael
            Attached Files
            MichaelJapp
            71E
            Typ901 #065
            EarlyS #798

Comment

Hey lunch was pretty good too...

Couple more shots of motorkhana starts on the skidpan...and Cindy kits up in my helmet for the "serious stuff". We used the bottom half of the circuit plus the skidpan for some runs to finish off the day's activities
              Attached Files

Comment

Faces...biggest smile was Jacqui's and that was before she posted fastest time for the day ... not that we were competing or anything like that...hmmm...bring out a stopwatch and say that with a straight face :wink: ! But I think that's what egged everyone on to do better; to improve on their previous time. I'll post the times asap!

Cheers,
                Lisa
                Attached Files

Comment

I’ve uploaded all my shots from yesterday here
                  Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

On the page you can change the size of the photos down the bottom or download the original for cropping or printing.
                  You can also view a slideshow by clicking the link on the top right.

It may be a little repetitive (especially at the start) as I’ve just uploaded what I shot, so you guys can take what you like.
                  (I grant you full rights to do what you wish with the images)

I didn’t have the presence of mind to give the camera to somebody to take shots of me on the track, so if you’ve got any of the gulf in action I’d really appreciate if you could mail them to me here…
                  Darren(at)thinktech.com.au

Comment

Hi Guys

Sorry, will try and re-upload the movie to youtube tonight... not sure what happened...

Cheers

Rich
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I am still giggling at the fun we all had on Sunday!

Thanks to all those involved, organisers, instructors, and competitors.

Now I just have to clean the Boxster before mum gets hom tomorrow!!

She would never know what happened, unless 'evil people' from the club post the pics!!! Thank god she does not know that this forum exists or how to access it - YET!

Great to see a great turnout, with a great attitude. I am sure everyone learnt a lot, even if the highlight for me was seeing Andrew Vidler get it on three wheels more than once!!!

Brett, your handbrake turns were awesome - International Hand Brake Champion!

See you all at the next event.
                      Alex Webster
                      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Yes, some say I drive with my hand brake on.

Comment

Its been an all round great weekend!

Thank you to everyone involved. Lisa, Clyde, PCV and the Instructors.

Darren, thanks for the photos - I've now got a new screen saver!!!!(think i might get the fridge magnet too, and the cup, perhaps a t-shirt, definitely a poster, might even get next years Christmas cards printed up!)

See you all soon. As always, looking forward to next time

AV
                          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

thanks to the organisers for a great day sunday - it ran like clockwork with everybody getting lots of seat time and multiple runs over the various exercises.

thanks also to alex and crew for the fantastic saturday morning run and also drinks n' dinner on saturday night with our better halves (well, except brett as his partner seems to be his "imaginary friend"...)

and lastly, thanks to all the generous folk who loaned me their cars/gave me rides/picked me up/dropped me off/took me to the airport etc etc etc - and generally made me, and kao, feel very welcome all weekend. the beers are on me should you find yourself in sydney.

Comment

Firstly thanks Lisa for co - ordinating this TYP 901 event and arranging for the PCV guys to run this day.

Secondly thanks to the PCV guys (Jeff, Ken and James) for giving their time to our group so we could have such a day.

Thirdly thanks to Alex, Mark, Ken, Ryan, Mike (sorry Mike missed you before the edit) and Jeff for acting as instructors and mentors.

Fourthly to Richard and Lisa thank you for your work as course officials I bet Richard was chomping at the bit to get his 2.8T out there as I know Lisa was!

What a great day probably sarted a little slowly until Andrew Vidler got the gang going on the truck backing out run quickly followed by Mr Upwey and then the lose of the day by Paul Wisher.

From that point on the highlights came thick and fast.

Bretts handbrake turns, the unfortunate snapping of something inside Ken Prices MG's gearbox while demonstrating handbrake turns, many guys on 3 wheels and Andrew Vidler on 2 in the bowl after hitting that off camber bump at too high a speed, Alex almost getting under 1 minute in mums shopping cart, Cindy going over 60kph anywhere, lunch, the smiles on everyones faces as their times came down during the final three runs on the mini track and most importantly the great vibe around the place all day as we tried to learn more about the handling of our cars.

A great TYP 901 day for sure and what a weekend combined with Saturdays unofficial run.

Keep those pictures coming, they are awesome.
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X