No announcement yet.

Attwood driving training day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation and execution of this great day.

As far as my ‘loose’ is concerned – well, Ken did say approach the witches hats @ 65, he just failed to be too specific as to the measurement of speed he was referring too. :lol: And while we’re recounting the highlights of the day check your times Clyde – the only difference between your RS and my T was about half a second (and $180K AUD).

Great day and company; looking forward to the next one.
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

I always manage to forget something/someone...

Age must be catching up with me...I forgot to thank the man who brought the most important thing/s along yesterday....THANKS CLYDE FOR THE COFFEE AND DONUTS!!! :lol: Most of you know I can't live without coffee...and that it would be the first thing I'd be looking for yesterday morning - Clyde was already waiting for us with coffee etc - bless him!

Great day...still got a smile on my face thinking about all of you (us) having so much fun .

Cheers,
      Lisa

Comment

Not to be picky, but Marcus bought the Donuts!!! Out of the kindness of his heart he decided to share!!!!
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Sorry! Thanks Marcus for the donuts (xo)....but it was the coffee that gets the most xoxoxo from me!!!! :P

Cheers,
          Lisa

Comment

Were we timing something, I hadn't noticed!!! Were you quicker or slower than me?

Did you tell the readers what tyres you had and how many runs you did, I must have missed that bit. :wink:

In my defense the car is sold (see Peter Williams reference to someone elses car) so I didn't feel like punting the extra $180K you mention into one of those small trees for the sake of an extra second or two.

Not withstanding your car looks and goes well and it just goes to show a well set up car and competent driver can easily achieve good results.

Now stop posting here and get that magazine printed! Ha Ha Ha

I also thought it was great for the club to have you, Richard Griffiths, Michael Japp, Howard Burton, Craig Bryant, Darren Sharp and Matthew Proctor (don't think I missed anyone hopefully!) to make their first events as members and I hope to get Peter Hardt and Roger Kenrick who have attended two Saturday runs to sign up this week also.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Guys,

I emailed Carly at PCV and asked her to contact Jacqui for me as I have some pics I'd like to send her...here's the email I received from Jacqui; thought it was a nice thing to share with you all -

"Hi Lisa

Thanks so much for emailing Carly, any piccies of my car from the day would be great, I know a number of your gang had cameras and were clicking madly. Please feel free to pass on my email address if anyone has any others.

I had such a fabulous day, in case you hadnt noticed.

I was hoping you could also send me my times from the day as I only remember my fastest time (obviously).

Thanks again for allowing me to participate and thank your gang too.

Jacqui Collihole"

If anyone has pics of Jacqui and would like to send them on, I can pm you her email address or send them to me and I'll happily pass them on.

Also, from Ken Price:

"You will be pleased to know that it was only a broken driveshaft…an easy fix !!

Regards,

Ken"

So good news for the MGF as it sees a fair bit of competition I believe!

Cheers,
              Lisa

Comment

OK all, try this link...

Cheers

Rich
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Yahoo nice work Richard....great last run Marcus handbrake turn and all!
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Drumroll please......Timed session results

OK here they are: the times from yesterday's final sessions as presented to me; no changes, no bribes were offered or accepted :shock: :lol: !

Clyde, I'll email them over for you (for record keeping purposes only of course :wink: ). You might want to email them out to the competing guys and gals.

Great job everyone...and congrats to Jacqui for FTD...even though she "cheated" by driving a Boxster :lol: !

Cheers,
                    Lisa
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rich,

great footage....I should have done 'professional' voiceover though...hey at least I was nice!

Cheers,
                      Lisa

Comment

GREAT video Rich ...

Cheers,
                        Chuck Miller
                        The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                        Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                        R Gruppe #88

Comment

Thanks... I only left in the entertaining ones (like Clyde!!).

I think a little bit of quality was lost in the upload, so if anyone wants a copy burnt to CD just let me know...

Cheers

Rich
                          Richard Griffiths
                          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Jeez Clyde you’re a hard man! If I knew how to use any of the gear in here I’d be running the newsletter myself.

You’re right about the difference a set of tyres and optimum suspension setting make, as you well know these cars do feel great when set up the right way. As far as skill behind the wheel goes, the 3rd run in my car was by Ryan, who’s first time around driving pulled a 103.27, after slotting 3rd instead of second (it is a 901 box) – wish I could steer like that!
                            Paul Wischer
                            1969 911T
                            1979 Californian Moke
                            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

simply envious... looked like alot of fun...

Shane

Comment

Cracking day

Well done to all involved.

A great day, and seamlessly organised.

Cheers

Stew.

Comment

Working...
                                X