Its nearly here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Until 3 years ago we owned a 1961 BN7 Austin Healey which was ex the US and had never been fitted with seat belts. It was roadworthied in Victoria on purchase and on sale by seperate testers and was not required to be retrofitted with seat belts.
    Nev

Comment

Can anyone recommend an installer in Melbourne that can do the back seat anchor points for a 912?
      I have a small/compact child seat I want to get into the car to justify the 'it has four seats - it's a family car' reason...

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
        I think the wipers correctly park opposite to the driver to leave clear unimpeded vision through the windscreen....(factory brochure pic)
        True for early cars cars, but in 68 they changed to the drivers (LHD) side

Grady Clay:

You hit it right on. Porsche moved the wipers from parking on the passenger’s side to the driver’s side in ’68 to have the first swipe clear the windscreen. This is particularly important if you are suddenly splashed with muddy water or slush from oncoming traffic.

Comment

Looks like an honest fun car

Comment

Originally posted by NICHOLASJCRAIG View Post
            Can anyone recommend an installer in Melbourne that can do the back seat anchor points for a 912?
            I have a small/compact child seat I want to get into the car to justify the 'it has four seats - it's a family car' reason...
            You will need to weld some threaded plates into your parcel shelf

John Gaudsden from NZ sells the plates then you need a good welder to install.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by NICHOLASJCRAIG View Post

what's the seat you're going to use? I'm trying to find a booster that fits... and not having much luck!

As people have noted in my car... the compaq deluxe works for the younger ones.
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

rust free?

Must say the more I look at this 912 the happier i am.

It was advertised as "rust free" and I can say it as rust free as you can expect from this age car.

Under carriage is dry and whole.

5 new hancock tyres are on - new windscreen going in - just need aus compliant indicator lenses (on way) and will be roadworthy.

I should have a true 901 car ready for the next Victorian club drive.

Needs an interior clean up and a paint job but both of these can wait.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Robin and you seem to have the right hoist there too.

Comment

Don't forget the flatbed fee, because you can't drive it on your unregistered 7 day permit In case some dirt falls of to the road, but it won't fall of the truck and hit the road,oh no that won't happen,rip off
                    GRC930, Graham

Comment

Very nice buy Robin, very nice indeed

Comment

Hi robin,

Beautiful clean green dials and the early angled rear script. No Fuchs. Just elegant. As elegant as some 356's. Congratulations and wonderful for Melbourne.
                        [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Club permit

So close - road worthy should be done tomorrow. Clyde just a heads up that I will be mailing you a club permit form very soon.

Comment

Read the sticky thread on Club Reg at the start of this section so your 100% up with what is required
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Club permit

Yes just double checked.

No VASS as a 1966.

So RW and photos and forms.

Thanks.

Comment

Dated photos please