72 911T Targa coming up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phill,
    Great job. It's coming along nicely. I am surprised no one has committed to its purchase yet.
    John Orchard
    356 B (T6) 1963
    911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
    912 1966 SWB (sold)
    930 Turbo 1984
    997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

Very nicely done Phil
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

God job. The car looks awesome.

It's a pity non members / potential purchasers cannot see the forum pics.

Although I do understand the reasons behind the pic viewing policy.
        Doug
        IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Hi guys,

I am looking at putting all pics up on a separate site with a link here so others can see the pics. This will help with a CarSales ad.

The new carpet will get fitted week after next as the trimmer is flat out. It already had a set of BF Torino Nurburgring R seats in it which will stay, although if a buyer was particularly interested in a set of Sports Seats repros for it, I could arrange a swap.

I think the light yellow colour will make this an attractive buy for someone and the Aubergine can remain an option down the track. The paint cleaned up extremely well as we used a new cloth which works similar to a clay block and it really brought up the paint well. The guy who did the paint on the front/rear bumpers, rear license plate panel and front slam panel really matched the colour well and I am glad I decided to paint these areas where we had many stone chips etc.

Julian, re the oil tank, check out these before and after shots below which show the original tank which we removed, thoroughly washed out, sandblasted and repainted, and it came up looking like new. New hoses and clamps also helped. Even the oil level sender unit now works again well with new wiring and a total clean up.

There are numerous items on the car that , when compared with the 'before' shots, really look like brand new parts, especially the complete rear suspension and brakes. Looking back on this exercise, I can see its pretty straightforward to strip down these cars and clean them up to get them looking like new again. Having a warehouse and a hoist also helps.

I will be attacking the other Gulf Blue Targa next as this car also needs a complete undercarriage clean up to look like the yellow Targa. This other car does have new, correct paint, a new engine and gearbox rebuild and will get a new interior. It will remain LHD and probably go back to California unless someone local really wants it to stay. But the price for good Targas in the USA will probably mean it gets sold there.
          Attached Files
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

These pics really how the amount of crud that gets trapped under the guards on these cars which leads to rust problems. That's why this 42 year old car is such a lucky survivor as its body remains rust free in these critical areas as had been shown in previous photos. I cant stress enough to new buyers, how important these areas are so you dont end up with real problems down the track.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Very very nice Phil

Comment

Huge number of photos available here for viewing:

Last edited by e72phil; 03-10-14, 03:21 PM.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Drove the car yesterday for first time in a while. New suspension bushes make a huge difference with no squeaks or rattles anywhere.

Gearbox coupler needs a bit of adjustment and ride height also needs adjusting. Will be fitting some new Pirellis next week plus a front end alignment.

Targa top arrived back from Targa Dan in New Jersey this week. Looks brand new again and fits like a glove. He is not cheap but he is good. Also a man of very few words. I think he thinks email is billed by the word.

Goes to the trimmer Friday as some other hotrods got in line in front of me. New carpet and door trims should really freshen the interior. Contemplating putting in a new set of Sports Seats repros with Houndstooth inserts which should look great with the Yellow paint exterior.

Will post more pics once its all done. Am pretty happy with the result so far.
                  Last edited by e72phil; 25-09-14, 08:48 AM.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Impressive. Maybe I should give you my car so you can do what i would do in 5 years in a couple of months. I like the yellow. Actually every colour looks nice when cleaned up doesn't it.

Comment

Installed a new set of Sports Seats with Houndstooth today and it has really lifted the interior of the car from just being all black. Also new 'salt & pepper' carpet and new door trims have all contributed to making the interior a lot neater and cleaner.

I deleted the radio and have installed matching vinyl along the dash facia and just awaiting an ashtray. The rebuilt targa roof has also come up perfect using original german 'elephant hide' materail plus 2 new side rubber which give a far better side window seal. A new front rubber across top of windscreen also ensures a good seal so hopefully no too much wind noise.

I will be listing it on Carsales before end of the week so anyone keenly interested, pls PM me and let me know, otherwise, I will get ready for the onslaught of phone calls and dumb questions.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by e72phil; 12-11-14, 06:10 PM.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Looks great Phil, I especially like the roof. Those seats are perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                          ...otherwise, I will get ready for the onslaught of phone calls and dumb questions.
                          Have you ever thought of charging a $100 viewing fee? :p

Comment

$150.00 for Primrose Yellow

Comment

Thats why I will post the Photobucket link so buyers can spend an hour looking at all the work that was done.

But I am sure I will get my share of LHD-RHD, targa haters wanting to tell me how wrong the car is, blah, blah, blah.....
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                                Looks great Phil, I especially like the roof. Those seats are perfect!
                                Thanks Merv, I would hope it looks good, the VISA card account came in at around A$ 2900 for all the work done plus a new handle and various rubbers. Not cheap but done properly.

Lets see what the market says about it all.
                                sigpicPhil Lack
                                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
                                X