just listed on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1970-PORSCHE-...#ht_650wt_1167
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

and it looked so good !

Comment

Yeah, hours of fun putting that puzzle together...
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John just think how many times I'd call you !

Comment

Truth is if you had a crappy lhd import lying around to pillage, the job mightn't be so bad... Genuine RHD 2.2S would be nice. But it all comes down to how much Champ wants for the canvas... cause it ain't no masterpiece right now.
          John Forcier
          Restoration Saga

Comment

WOW a lot of work went into a nice car to make it look um "Fully Sick".

A lot of work to bring that one back to it's former glory. I think the missus would kill me.....

Tony

Comment

Worth an extra $10K because its originally signal orange
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

.... oh dear - I'm feeling very ill ....

Dennis.

Comment

the number of nice small bumper cars I saw converted in the late 1970's , early 80's in Sydney alone would have been 10 or 12.

Wonder where they are now.

I reckon this is a project for you Tiger
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                  1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                  1961 356B #114700
                  Instagram: reedminor

Comment

If the $25k was a 'buy now' I'd have a go... But I suspect he seeks more.
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Am I mad?

Guys

I am seriously thinking about buying this car and have a deposit holding the car subject to further inspection. Have negotiated a price with a 3 in front but had an inspection carried last week by a non Porsche workshop, but old car restoration shop, and it sounds like it is fairly rusty in the floors and maybe around the A pillars so I'm having second thoughts. I've looked at a bunch of photos but its hard to judge and I can't get a reasonable flight down to look over Easter (7+ hours and $500 one way).

I have confirmed it is a UK delivered RHD 70S with its original engine but has been here since at least 84. It is a lot of work but I'm thinking I can rob a few bits off my straight, rust free LHD 69E and sell the 69 as a project. It is also numbers matching.

I was about to strip my 69 down to the bare shell and send it off for paint etc when this came up so while the 70S needs more panel work the work for me is the same on both cars. While the 70S is going to be worth more in the end I feel I couldn't really modify it suit my tastes while I can do a bit more with the 69E and maybe even use it for a bit of historic racing. Something I would be reluctant to do with the 70S due to its rarity and value (only 12 or so 70S imported).

Anyone have any spare front panels/bumpers etc they want to part with?

I couldn't justify keeping both cars and I'm going a bit nuts trying to decide. Should I stay with my straight, rust free LHD 69E or spend a bit more plus unknown amount on body work but end up with a RHD 70S? Any thoughts, comments etc welcome.
                      Jeff Eelkema
                      TYP 901 #132
                      S-Reg #1431
                      69E (project)
                      various bevel Ducatis
                      60s Vespa

Comment

I'll make it easy for you Jeff, yes you are NUTS! Notchy gearbox, only driven it once, so great he'll keep it. So why is it for sale? And it's UK, so probably full of rust. Spend you money on your RUST FREE 1969 known quantity, it's bound to be a better car.My 2c ,don't touch it!
                        Paul M.

Comment

Jeff,
                          its a RHD matching number 2.2S, OK its got rust, but even major rust is fixable at a cost...pm me i'll tell you what the 2.2 cost to put right !
                          me, i'd take a deep breath, commit to the S and flog the E- subtly modify the S to suit your taste but not so much as to destroy the inherent value
                          long term it will be a better financial investment than the 69, but is that what you want?
                          regards
                          Attached Files
                          Craig
                          12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                          1972 2.4E Targa project
                          1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

pm sent.

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                              I understand your dilemma and the temptation confronting you. It would be great to end up with a RHD 2.2S but the journey may be a bit arduous.
                              On top of bringing it back to a bare metal shell to repair rust, remove the rear flares and full repaint, you will need new front bumber, front hood, front fenders, engine lid, rear bumpers, rear license panel, new seats, door panels, arm rests and door pockets and a host of assorted parts. I don't know how much of the work you would do yourself including the engine and gearbox rebuild, but if you are out-sourcing the body work and painting, and, after sourcing the parts, I could see no change out of $40,000 on top of the purchase price of the car.
                              This is not to say I wouldn't do it. You would have a tremendous and quite valuable car in the end. You would also have the satisfaction of rescuing and restoring a worthwhile 901.
                              My figures are pretty accurate as I am in the process of restoring a 1970 911T that some bright spark had up-dated to an SC many years ago. If you did this, you would end up with a matching numbers "S" and your money would have been better spent than mine.
                              It ia great fun and Life is short.
                              Regards
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X