No announcement yet.

2008 PI Regularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found the pit crew's new uniforms for this year.....

Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

nice!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Just an update:

Entry for Team 2 has been sent off.

Team 2 is currently: Jason Carroll, Hung Do, Tim Pritchard and Mark Johnson.

I believe everyone else has their details on the way to me today, and will enter the third team once I have those.

Dave Belford is currently first reserve.

Cheers
        Alex Webster

Comment

12 drivers...

12 cars...

3 teams...

3 garages...

2 tents...

who would dare miss an event like that!??!?!?!?!?

mr upwey you better get cracking on a few more overalls 'cos the pit crew is going to have to expand!!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
            mr upwey you better get cracking on a few more overalls 'cos the pit crew is going to have to expand!!
            No point having a heap of ovaries if we have no one to wear them.
            We need to get commitments from those wanting to be support staff, allocate them to teams and have some organised briefings on duties well in advance of the event.
            I suggest we need at least 3 support staff for each team to assist with registration/scrutineering, timing/lap boards, tagging vehicles, re-fuelling, running errands for drivers etc
            All (drivers and pit crew) will need to be familiar with the new rules (even if you weren't familiar with the old ones) and we should develop some easy to follow tactics to ensure drivers maintain their nominated lap times.
            I'm sure Alex will have some ideas.
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

My Navigator, Chris Brown, will be part of the support crew. He comes to must of my race meetings to crew, so knows what he's doing.

Comment

i am more than happy to pump the go juice for all three teams - having one central person makes keeping track of who's using how much makes it easier to budget how much fuel is needed and especially when trying to recoup $$$.

is mark on board for providing fuel? he might need a bigger trailer this year!!!
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

How about this for a system...
                  I'll sit on the edge of pit lane with the newspapers. If I'm reading the Good Weekend, you've got another 4 laps to go.
                  If I've got the Car Guide on display, another two laps unless I signal you that there is a" barn find" advertised. That means pit immedately.

If it's the employment section, it's at your discretion because it's most likely I am looking for some one to do the job I am suppose to be doing.

If it's the Real Estate guide, keep going, I've just fallen asleep. Though if your from Sydney, you may want to pit immediately, wake me up and talk prices and suburbs.

Any improvements, please don't hesitate to let me know. Points awarded if you can also incorporate the use of a take away coffee cup.

Comment

Brett, I am still laughing!! Crack up.

The only issue as I see it at the moment is that mark is not doing the event.
                    Based on this we may have to cart fuel down, but I will see if he will loan me some 200 litre drums to throw in the back of a ute, and some of the pumping gear for the fuel. I will liase with him on that prior.

As for the helpers, we will need some for sure.

The tactics, well that is another story all together. Clearly we need a new game plan as the last few years we have not gone as well as we would have hoped.... lets put out heads together on this one!

Brett, maybe if we see you with a coffee cup, we know we are doing crappy and you have knocked off for the day.
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Don't laugh Alex, he's serious.
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901

Comment

Originally posted by timp View Post
                        My Navigator, Chris Brown, will be part of the support crew. He comes to must of my race meetings to crew, so knows what he's doing.
                        ................so we now have a manager for Team 2. Good start. :p
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

Can we have a show of hands who is willing to help out at the event? Please!
                          Alex Webster

Comment

I'll lend a hand, those weekend papers can be a bugger to handle on your own.
                            Marcus
                            TYP901 Member #81
                            1972 911E

Comment

thanks Marcus!
                              Alex Webster

Comment

Okay update time again.

I have all entries bar Paul Wischer (PUBLIC HUMILIATION IF HE DOES NOT SEND IT TO ME TODAY!).

So the last entry hopefully will be sent in at the latest tomorrow.

I have organised the fuel issue with Mark and he is happy to supply us with the drums and pumping equipment. What I do need is someone that is driving down in a non-Porsche to bring them down, either in a ute, or towing it behind in a small trailer.

I will also need to get fuel requirements of everyone, as I know that fuel usage is different for everyone. I think though 60 litre for the weekend should cover it, assuming you turn up with about 3/4 of a tank on Saturday morning in your car already!

Apart from that, all we need to do is ensure that we have some organisation of who is bringing what tools, so that we don't have 12 sets of everything!!!

Hopefully all our entries have been lodged early enough!
                                Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                                X