No announcement yet.

2008 PI Regularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome to take my car down Rich - 370hp / 1500kg and it's faster with a few hundred kilo's in the back as traction control. Just don't try and take it around corners...
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

alex put me down for 80 ltrs

Comment

How was this for thinking....

Have Team Red, Yellow and Black (German Colours)

Each Team has a different colour t-shirt with the same logo (yet to be finalised).

Simple Bond type T-shirt is fine, and then get the screen printing done. Should not be that expensive. Drivers to pay....

these are the two that I have made up, we can change the text....

the first one is self explanatory but the auf der grenze is german for On The Limit!
        Attached Files
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS (So far anyways)

This is the response from David Bellinger regarding some questions I emailed him this afternoon about the event.

Alex

We have good news and Bad news.

Your team # 1 is definitely in. Teams 2 and 3 are in the reserve list.

This said we are looking to increase the grid from 40 to 45 due to the event filling so quickly this year.

To enable this to happen I will have to get the consent of all teams entered at the cut off. As your # 1 team is one of the original 40 teams, are you happy to increase the grid to 45? (I have since replied in the affirmative - Alex)

I am confident we will not have any trouble getting this approval from the other teams
          Please come back to me as soon as you can.

To answer your other questions. See below in Blue.

Regards
          David Bellenger
          Chairman
          Victorian 6 Hour Relay Inc.

Sent: 18 April 2008 15:13
          To: info@6hourrelay.com.au
          Subject: 6 hour entry's

Hi David and Jean,

I am just checking to see about a couple of things:

1. We have sent in for 3 teams, and just wanted to ensure that they have been received (the last was sent yesterday 17/4/2008).[David Bellenger] Above.

2. I wanted to know if all 3 teams are in the first 40 teams received? So I can advise the drivers.[David Bellenger] see above.

3. If they have, if all teams could be grouped together at the event in garages please, preferably up the top end (near garage 40 where we were last year)[David Bellenger] This can be done.

4. When the payments will likely to be banked as I am potentially closing that account in the next month or so.[David Bellenger] I have banked the cheque for team # 1. I will hold the others, let me know when I can present them.

5. At the request of some team members, I have been asked what are the chances of being able to drop cars and fuel off on the Friday afternoon prior to the event to ease the conjestion that we normally see on the Saturday morning?[David Bellenger] We are looking at this possibility and will let you know when we do. Also for updated information please check the web site regularly. www.6hourrelay.com.au

Looking forward to another great 6 hour!

Good luck and see you at the event.

Regards,

Alex Webster
          TYP901 teams

I have already asked to find out what number the team 2 and 3 are on the entry list, and I guess the wash up of it all is we will just have to wait and see... I guess I was right in saying that we needed to get the entries in quickly!

For the record, Team 1 was sent on 11/4/2008, Team 2 on 14/4/2008 and Team 3 on 17/4/2008.

EVERYONE CROSS THEIR FINGERS!!!!!!

I will post replies from David in due course.
          Alex Webster

Comment

UPDATE

Find David's response again to my further questions. From this you can see, so long as the other competitors agree to the 45 car field (or even 50), all teams are in.

Alex,
            Last year we had no fall outs but the event took much longer to fill.
            I am confident we will get the approval for 45.
            Just as a throw away, how would you feel about 50 teams? I assure you
            we would not go higher than this.
            I do not need the grey hair, because believe it or not I worry the whole day that all will go well. If we go to 45 both your other teams are well in being numbers 42 & 43.
            I hope we can make every body happy we are certainly trying to.
            Regards
            David Bellenger

To: David Bellenger
            Subject: RE: 6 hour entry's

Hi david,
            I am all for a 45 car grid.
            What number are the other two teams on the reserve list?
            And, what was the fallout rate from last years event, ie, how many teams
            from the reserve list got in.
            Cheers
            Alex
            Alex Webster

Comment

Update 29.4.2008

Entrants check your email.... looks like all teams are now in and ready to go!

Woo hoo!!!
              Alex Webster

Comment

100 days to go!

All teams are in. Dave Belford is first reserve.

Teams have yet to be finalised in regard to who is with who.

What shall we do? Pick them out of a hat? Or do people want to go with some specific people? Sorted by best Lap times?

I have some cunning new plans that I will advise of soon. I have run a spread sheet that allows time changes and shows the end result.... very interesting... Peter I know you want this!!!!
                Alex Webster

Comment

TIM HAS PULLED OUT

Tim has had to pull out of the event due personal reasons. I will let him expand if he wants to.

Basically this means that we have Dave Belford that is now off the reserve list and in a team. Dave, welcome.

I will get you to send you entry to Tim to refund him.

This will probably mean that Dave will co-drive Mark's car (which ever one it is!).

Will organise teams when I get back from QLD on the long weekend.
                  Alex Webster

Comment

tim, sorry to hear you are pulling out.

i am also really gutted about having to spend a weekend in a garage with that really rubbish yellow car...
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hi All,

Very sad to be pulling out, however it is due to the birth of my first daughter Laila! She was born 29 weeks premie but very health.

While it is a little disappointing not to be there I am an extremely excited and proud Dad.

Good luck to everyone involved in the event.

Comment

Congratulations Tim!
                        Cam Arnott
                        Looking for engine #6208151
                        1970 911E (Sold)
                        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                        2 x Split Screen Kombis
                        TYP 901 Register # 78
                        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Congratulations Tim, very glad to hear your daughter is healthy and well. Never been a better reason for pulling out of an event!
                          Paul Wischer
                          1969 911T
                          1979 Californian Moke
                          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

latest update - website now shows all three teams in and our competition!

Alex Webster

Comment

MAJOR ISSUE!!!!!

Hi guys,

I have just had a call from Mark Johnson and Dave Belford saying that they both have to pull out of the 6 Hour due to a unforseen clash of events for them both. This means that we are 2 drivers and cars short....

WE NEED TWO MORE CARS AND DRIVERS ASAP.

If anyone knows of anyone that is keen to get involved, then please let me know asap.

If we cannot field a full team, then we will have to withdraw the last team as we can only have a minimum of 4 drivers per team.

At this stage we would accept any drivers that are not 901 members but it would be preferable.

Clyde? You know you want to do it!!!

NSW 901'ers! You know you want to do it!!!
                              Alex Webster

Comment

You need to email Nick Taylor he hasn't been on the board recently.
                                GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Working...
                                X