Melbourne Typ901 Program 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter and others,

Been missing for a few days at Anglesea, doesn't pay to not read the info regularly does it.

Hugh is correct I would say its a club run allready, haven't spoken to other committee or El Pres but don't think that will be an issue.

Think its great you've taken the initiative Peter and count me in for a car not sure which one however.

Yes we will apply for a permit from CAMS which is public liability cover only so as always participants should stay within the legal speed limits or face the consequences. I'll get in touch with Carl.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Peter

Thanks for doing the hard yards in organising the run so far! Put me down for a roast and my share of the cams insurance!

Cheers

Rich

P.S. Those photos remind me - on that road near kinglake there are a few hair raising tightening-radius corners... so watch out! (only speaking from experience whilst on 2 wheels - there is not a lot you can do when you get it wrong on those narrow roads!!)
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks Clyde.
        With that re-assuring advice and the fact that you'll be coming, I'll proceed with preparing running sheet and maps.
        These can be handed out on the morning (preferred) or additionally/alternatively can be PM'ed or emailed to those expressing interest.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Peter,
          Just home after a week down the coast and catching up on all the posts.
          Count me in for the run and let me know if I can do anything to help.
          Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Comment

You've put together a great run, Peter.

Hope my exasperated ramble the other day hasn't ruffled feathers - I just couldn't understand why the run would be held up by insurance concerns when we all are responsible for our own actions and the club had additional cover. Thanks Hugh for doing the research into the archives and getting the the relevant info in front of us.

Next time I'm cranky and in a hurry I'll stay away from the keyboard.

I'll be there for lunch too, thanks.
            John H

70 T

Comment

To date we have (mostly confirmed)

John H
              Richard
              Alex
              Paul and Irwin
              Brett
              Clyde
              Marcus
              Craig
              Peter W

It would be nice if a few more could make the run, so please register your interest ASAP. Also partners are most welcome, so long as they don't suffer from carsickness as there are about 4000 R/H and 4001 L/H bends on this run.

Please let me know if you don't want the roast dinner.....but be advised that I have been told that it is absolutely magnificent for $15 or $20 with dessert (if you think you can fit it in)
              Other menu selections include Parma, Steak, Fish (flathead tails), Calamari (real), Chicken salad, Asian stirfry etc.

..........and thanks Clyde for offering to arrange the club permit.
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Count myself and Sarah in, so long as no-one objects to a 987 tagging along. :-)
                Pencil in a booking for lunch as well, 1 roast + 1 non-roast (vegie).
                Last edited by vmpyre; 29-01-07, 01:56 PM.

Comment

and AV
                  Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Stewart is an 80% to come as well. He would not give me the official sign off!!!
                    Alex Webster
                    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Spoke to Phil Hearn today & he's down for a maybe if he can organise to shut shop on the Saturday.

Comment

Looking good - now up to 13 cars assuming Stewart is a starter.

Matthew, with the user name Vmpyre I assume Sarah is the "vegie". If she has a favorite dish let me know soon and I'll see if the Hotel can prepare it especially - otherwise they do a number of salads - green, Caesar etc.........and Count , sorry I mean Matthew, I presume you like your meat rare.....verrry rare :p
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

Peter,

Talked to Phil today, who is back from holidays,and the Committee will meet soon and get our act togther to create that programme ASAP.

Do you want me to email all the members in case they have not seen this info on the site or don't look at the site at all???
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I should be able to make it along as well, maybe in the new silver 72T.

I will check on the CAMS permit and ensure we are covered. Once its been detaled on this site (as Peter has done) its on the record and official.

Clyde and I discussed getting the committee together soon to create this years calendar. it would be nice if some of the enthusiatic members repsonding in this thread, could make themselves available to join the committee and help out. Both Clyde and I (and also Carl) are extremely busy with our businesses and dont have a lot of free time these days.

We need to get some new blood into the admin. side of the club to ensure that the same old people arent expected to keep organising everything.

Will post a Club Events calendar as soon as we have something down on paper.
                            Last edited by e72phil; 30-01-07, 10:13 AM.
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                            Early 911-S Registry # 690
                            R-Gruppe # 367
                            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil

Did I miss something... or are you selling the 930??!?

I will do my best to attend the discussions on the calendar... my blood is getting a bit old though (not sure what I am going to do when I hit my REAL mid-life crisis?!?).

Cheers

Rich
                              Richard Griffiths
                              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm I am in with the lunch (plus dessert).

Just me attending at this stage but Roger might be a starter also.

Best Wishes
                                Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X