vBulletin 5 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 911jack View Post

Hi Adam, I just clicked on the Quote on your post and it appears to work.
    Can you see the Quote option and if so what does it do when you click it?
    Hi Uwe

Attached a screenshot taken off my mobile.

Cheers
    Adam
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_cottrill View Post
      Uwe,

Found the solution .. go into user setting and change post per page away from default to 10 a page .. works a dream now. Maybe you can update the site default to 10 a page ?
      I'm glad you found it, I wouldn't have thought of that as I've only ever seen 10 posts at a time which is the default. I can only put it down to a glitch in the update conversion from what ever setting you had in the old version.

I wonder if you put it back to default, will it stay with 10?

Uwe Imhoff
      TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Where do I find "User Settings"?
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Hi Adam

It should be the first item in the drop down list. I haven't been able to find a setting that turns this off for a user yet.

Does it work for you from a computer?
          Uwe Imhoff
          TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by MrUpwey View Post
            Where do I find "User Settings"?
            Top of the screen, select your username and the drop down will reveal it. You must be logged in.
            Uwe Imhoff
            TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Hi Adam

It should be the first item in the drop down list. I haven't been able to find a setting that turns this off for a user yet.

Does it work for you from a computer?
              Hi Uwe

Yes it works fine from my PC.

Regards
              Adam

Comment

I'm glad you found it, I wouldn't have thought of that as I've only ever seen 10 posts at a time which is the default. I can only put it down to a glitch in the update conversion from what ever setting you had in the old version.

I wonder if you put it back to default, will it stay with 10?
                i changed it back to default - seems to stay at 10 posts per page . Thank you for your help

Kind regards

'71 911 T 2.7
                TYP 901 Register #16
                Early 911S Register #2460
                Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

ScreenShot041.jpg
                  ScreenShot040.jpg Hi Uwe
                  i have a big problem with my PM's - just tried to send one and says I have far too many so cant send. Tried to clear them and noticed that I have hundreds in my outbox going back to 2005. The inbox only had 2 pages of this years ones

I normally export (download as text) them to the computer and save them there and then delete them on the forum to make room - but there is no option that I can see to do that on the received ones - only to move to inbox.
                  on the sent ones i cant even do that - the only button is the delete one on the top
                  i am going to delete all the sent ones up until this year or so to see if that opens up functionality but i am not hopeful
                  do you know if there is an export function in this version to allow me to store them on the PC?
                  also there is a max of 100 messages that can be stored - didnt we increase that or was that only on early S which has 1000

to add to this I deleted about 15 pages of messages (and then again from the trash as it stopped accepting new stuff) Eventually i got it down to a level i could send a PM
                  BUT
                  the sent box gives me no option to save messages or put them in a sent folder - only a delete button unlike the other mail boxes

i have just loaded screen shots of both in box and sent to show the difference with the options
                  regards
                  more edit
                  when i clicked on a message from jim I only get a blank screen / box come up
                  however if i go to the message centre and look at the summaries in the inbox i can see that he has written something
                  hugh
                  Last edited by HughH; 27-10-16, 11:01 PM.
                  Hugh Hodges
                  1973 E
                  Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                  Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh, I've found where the limits are set and it allowed 100 messages which includes the inbox and sent items, anyway I've bumped it up, the old system must have allowed for more as a number of people exceed this. Also I can't see an export option in vb5.

How is it now with the increased limit ??
                    Uwe Imhoff
                    TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

i dont know as i killed all of the old ones to get it to work
                      can you see the difference in options between the sent box that only allows me to delete and the inbox that allows me to save into another folder?
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Yes I can see the options, unfortunately that's all there is until vbulletin add more options
                        Uwe Imhoff
                        TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Uwe

Can we stop non members from seeing the pictures as this has been a strong point for the club for many years

Whats is the point of joining a site if you can already see everything and you don't want to post anyway
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Can we go back in time to the old version?
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hi Uwe, it appears that the PMs are visible for me on Message Centre now. Problem solved it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                                Can we stop non members from seeing the pictures as this has been a strong point for the club for many years
                                Short answer is no, long answer - see committee thread

Uwe Imhoff
                                TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Working...
                                X