Clear All

Hi JR

No I didn't get your message but I have contacted Dennis

Thanks

Mikki

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiP1978 View Post
      No it will be painted by Zag
      Make sure you know what you want or is correct if you are pursuing returning as close to original job done. As an example I have seen plenty of resto jobs where bodyshops have just sprayed over everything where these areas should have almost light over-spray over primer not fully covered in body colour.
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post

Make sure you know what you want or is correct if you are pursuing returning as close to original job done. As an example I have seen plenty of resto jobs where bodyshops have just sprayed over everything where these areas should have almost light over-spray over primer not fully covered in body colour.
        From what a saw at McCreaths I'm thinking Bram did some extensive research on how the '67 cars where painted in the factory / overspray areas etc ....

Comment

Zags do know what they are doing...... that's why they have a waiting list

Whether you want a hot rod or an original car they know what they are doing

jr
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Found a listing for my car in 1975 Porsche Post

now to find out who owned it before Ian sold it and
            who bought it

I love this investigation work
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I think I found an Aust del 67 S
              Was at DHM in Brisbane today and saw chassis 305845s.
              I have photos and now my way around an early S pretty well.
              Appears to be a RHD ( looking under the hood) and very little doubt an S chassis and engine.
              Now Red, and not been driven in 12 years. Didn't check paint code as it was jammed in and couldn't get the door wide open. Don thought it was originally tangerine???
              Sunroof car.
              Hounds tooth inserts and with round screw in back head rests both seats.
              I didn't check the actual engine number , but in the right place on an Ali case.
              Looked very original except seat belts and radio.
              Has the through the hood cibie style lights ( painted body colour) and fog lights.

And yes i did make a half decent offer subject to Kardex and the answer was no.

Comment

What's a half decent offer?
                Maybe should of gone full on offer.
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I offered $250 think it would take twice that!

Comment

Originally posted by bjc911 View Post
                    I offered $250 think it would take twice that!
                    Really, not worth that much
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Agree, somewhere in between, depending on matching and options originality, seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

Really, not worth that much
                        I think my car is worth close to 1 million dollars (or more), so that is cheap considering it's the old model!
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

So I have had a good looking over the 1967s its in Brisbane
                          I have Vin and engine numbers and did all the tricky checks possible...without going to Kardex for option checks etc
                          carpet seats, dash all original, engine bay besides a blingy shiny air box intake all as is should be. Has had a fuel tank replacement. Glass and mirrors all original. H4 headlights.
                          I believe its the missing red one in the posts earlier and it it is in what i would class good original condition.
                          Also interesting is the paint code is 97 5711 - Which is the 356 paint code Red? Right?
                          I have been using it for reference for some items to my 68S resto..particularly the ribbed rubber footwell and front tunnel. Which the best match i have found is actually at Clarke rubber.

Any other suggestions on the rubber matting?

Comment

Front tunnel, does this refer to the panel/foot rest rubber covered panel that has two screws attaching it?
                            My tunnel carpet has no rubber at all.

Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Yep you got it, thats the stuff.
                              You can see in the image from the 67s that it is missing the annoying screw, that rubs on your heel when bare foot cruising.
                              Interesting maybe someone has some insight, my 68s definitely had it, and definitely had original carpet. My manufacture was Nov 67 though
                              Attached Files

Comment

Crap shot and wasted no time lifting other mat off carpet to take it last night in dark.
                                Aug 67 build.
                                20230119_171825.jpg
                                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                                X