Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrar
    replied
    My favourite part of a respray, in the booth after the bake.
    Looks good Geoff.

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    A big thank you to Clyde for directions along the way, so that I can do the right thing for this 911 restoration, his 11th hour input on the painting details on a 73 model were important.

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    Justin
    Yes I will be attending the PCNSW concours, see you there.

Phil
    Yes your car looks lovely, and I hope mine presents as well as yours. I prefer your black trim but mine was originally beige, and will be beige as per original; but I am going to change the corduroy inserts to another period correct insert (will keep the original corduroy insert covers in the shed).

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Here's what the finished product should look like. This is my 1972 911E in its original Aubergine paint (#025).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• reedminor
    replied
    Looking fantastic Geoff - are you going to be at PCNSW concours on Sunday? Im coming up for it, oh and a family visit

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    This gallery has 8 photos.

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    Red now Aubergine 1973 911T! My car is finally back to the Factory colour Aubergine and the result is superb. Just coming out of the paint booth and will post a few photos.
    Geoff

Leave a comment:

• griffiths_r
    replied
    That’s just so cool!!

Leave a comment:

• AdamGill
    replied
    That’s great news - well done!

Now for the rebuild thread...

Cheers
    Adam

Leave a comment:

• Oldskl60
    replied
    Brilliant news!! Great detective work. This will be a great journey, enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• P-Kay
    replied
    Amazing find!
    I can't wait to see her back wearing her original colour - delectable!

Leave a comment:

• klasikcis
    replied
    Awesome outcome. You are on a roll, first all the original bits in a shed and now the engine! How good??

Leave a comment:

• ELSPORTO
    replied
    Congrats !! I love the reunion stories - leaving cash is awesome - definitely throwing in the lap of the gods to decide ...!!

I found the matching engine down here in Oz, for a guy in the UK, who had US built car ... what are the odds?? He was over the moon.

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    It's the one! Carbs are to stay with the previous owner but all else is mine.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• ITS-911
    replied
    SUPER GREAT NEWS UPDATE: Found my original engine
    about 3 weeks ago (was not easy). Owner of my original engine lives overseas, and certainly had no need to sell it, so I left a cash offer with his mechanic (the full offer in $100's and 50's). Through the help of his mechanic and the owner appreciating the fact I was trying to get my car back to matching numbers, From today I now own the 1973 911T engine 6135318.
    How good do I feel.........I currently have a red 911 with a mismatched interior a 3L in the back that is great fun to drive, but now I could have an Australian Tourist delivered 1973.5 911T 2.4 5 speed matching numbers Coupe in Aubergine and Beige interior, delivered with the Comfort package and 15" Fuch wheels with original books and history................many more dollars needed to get to "I could have" but it's free to dream.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X